Bachelor of Social Work Programs (B.S.W.)
All BSW programs start in the fall semester.
•Main campus, Full-time
•Main campus, Part-time
•University Center Macomb
•Where Online Works! (WOW!)
•Schoolcraft Center Hybrid Program
Deadline: April 1, 2016
All applicants are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible as admissions will close once program capacity has been reached.
Applications may be submitted up to one year prior to the start of the beginning term of the program.
All students admitted to a B.S.W. program for the fall semester 2016 must attend a mandatory orientation scheduled for the week of August 22nd, prior to the semester starting on Aug. 31, 2016.
Bi-Weekly Information Meetings
The School of Social Work conducts bi-weekly information meetings on its programs. Potential applicants are encouraged to attend one of these meetings prior to applying.
The School of Social Work offers admission to the BSW degree program in the fall semester.
- Submit to the Wayne State University Office of Undergraduate Admissions the Application for Undergraduate Admission with the appropriate fee and official transcripts from colleges or universities.
- Submit to the School of Social Work's Office of Admissions and Student Services, the Application for Admission, Bachelor of Social Work Degree Program.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum overall grade point average of 2.50, provide 2 references, a Personal Interest Statement and a copy of transcripts from all colleges attended that demonstrates the ability to pursue successful undergraduate professional education in social work.
- Applications may be submitted after the student has completed 60 semester credits in course work or its equivalent at the freshman and sophomore levels.
- For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions and Student Services at (313) 577-4409 or Skype us at wsuschoolofsocialwork.