Bachelor of Social Work Programs (B.S.W.)
All BSW programs start in the fall semester.
•Main campus, Full-time
•Main campus, Part-time
•University Center Macomb
•Where Online Works! (WOW!)
•Schoolcraft Center Hybrid Program
Deadline: April 1
All applicants are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible as admissions will close once program capacity has been reached.
Applications may be submitted up to one year prior to the start of the beginning term of the program.
All students admitted to a B.S.W. program for the fall semester must attend a mandatory orientation.
Bi-Weekly Information Meetings
The School of Social Work conducts bi-weekly information meetings on its programs. Potential applicants are encouraged to attend one of these meetings prior to applying.
The School of Social Work offers admission to the BSW degree program in the fall semester.
- Submit to the Wayne State University Office of Undergraduate Admissions the Application for Undergraduate Admission with the appropriate fee and official transcripts from colleges or universities.
- Submit to the School of Social Work's Office of Admissions and Student Services, the Application for Admission, Bachelor of Social Work Degree Program.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum overall grade point average of 2.50, provide 2 references, a Personal Interest Statement and a copy of transcripts from all colleges attended that demonstrates the ability to pursue successful undergraduate professional education in social work.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum overall grade point average of 2.50, completed (or be in progress of completing) 60 credits (must be transferrable to Wayne State if taken elsewhere), and complete (or be in progress of completing) pre-professional coursework. Applicants must provide two references (academic and professional), resume, personal interest statement and copies of transcripts from all colleges attended.
- For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions and Student Services at (313) 577-4409 or Skype us at wsuschoolofsocialwork.