Priority Processing Dates
- BSW (Regular Program) June 1st
- BSW (WOW- Where Online Works!) October 1st
All complete BSW applications received by the priority processing dates will receive a decision within 30 days or less.
All complete applications submitted after the priority processing dates will be considered for admission, but will receive a decision within 30-60 days.
Bi-Weekly Information Meetings
The School of Social Work conducts bi-weekly information meetings on its programs. Potential applicants are encouraged to attend one of these meetings prior to applying.
The School of Social Work offers admission to the BSW degree program in the fall semester.
- Submit to the Wayne State University Office of Undergraduate Admissions the Application for Undergraduate Admission with the appropriate fee and official transcripts from colleges or universities.
- Submit to the School of Social Work's Office of Admissions and Student Services, the Application for Admission, Bachelor of Social Work Degree Program.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum overall grade point average of 2.50, provide 2 references, a Personal Interest Statement and a copy of transcripts from all colleges attended that demonstrates the ability to pursue successful undergraduate professional education in social work.
- Applications may be submitted after the student has completed 60 semester credits in course work or its equivalent at the freshman and sophomore levels.
- For additional information, please contact the Office of Admissions and Student Services at (313) 577-4409 or Skype us at wsuschoolofsocialwork.