Individuals interested in obtaining a doctoral degree in social work who may need more time to prepare an application or who wish to “test the waters” prior to admission into a doctoral program, may be admitted to the School of Social Work with a “post-Masters status” designation. This allows a student to enroll in up to nine (9) credit hours of doctoral coursework prior to admission into the program. Upon admission into the doctoral program, these credits may be applied toward the doctoral degree.
Post-Master’s Admission Requirements
- Online Application to the Graduate School (if not previously enrolled as a graduate student at Wayne State University)
- Undergraduate and graduate grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
- Earned master’s degree in social work or related field
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Letter of interest
- Personal interview with the PhD Program Director
- Applications are accepted throughout the year. Applications received by April 1 are guaranteed consideration for Fall entry.
Students interested in exercising this option should contact the Director of the PhD Program for additional information.