National Kidney Foundation of Michigan
September 8, 2017
Position Title: Program Coordinator I
- Primary Work Functions
Under general supervision, assists with the planning, organizing, promotion, development of NKFM programs. The Program Coordinator leads and implements assigned programs. Responsible for distribution/implementation of marketing/recruitment tools and materials, volunteer/staff committee development; actual program implementation and follow-up trainings as required, reports and data collection as appropriate. This position be primarily responsible for early childhood health education programming and policy, systems and environmental change. This would include program recruitment, training, implementation, oversight within various early childhood settings and efforts to create healthy environments within the community and child care setting through policy, system and environmental change. Additional responsibilities will include assisting in materials assembly, data collection and entry, maintaining food sampling orders and other materials ordering. The coordinator will work with other programs as directed. Maintain and develop partnerships and sponsorships, increasing volunteer base and community participation. Will receive other assignments when indicated.
- Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of programs as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the program personnel and community partners.
- Plan and organization of prep needed for assigned programs, including food prep.
- Organization of community activities/events when deemed necessary.
- Plan and coordinate meetings with staff and community partners as directed.
- Organize and work closely with an effective, dynamic volunteer/staff base to insure program implementation.
- Integrate educational efforts, focusing on increasing awareness regarding the prevention of kidney disease and promoting programs that are available that improve the quality of life for people on dialysis in low income areas.
- Collect data and provide feedback to insure outcome and measurement as directed by evaluation team or supervisor.
- Follow all guidelines of the program curriculum or expectations with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Insure requirements of grants/contracts.
- Insure data collection and administrative forms are collected and are accurately completed.
- As assigned, provide data entry, answer phones, complete daily reports, recruitment/marketing material development, etc.
- Supports others with the team problem solving process. Prompts others to contribute knowledge and information to assist the team. Encourages the team to remain focused and on track and resolves any interpersonal issues arising that may jeopardize team success.
- Consistently demonstrates and encourages others to act in a businesslike and professional manner. Takes extra effort to improve knowledge and skills to be the best in the profession. Adheres to the highest level of professionalism by demonstrating honesty, integrity and maturity.
- Completes tasks on time or ahead of schedule while assisting others on techniques to improve their performance when able. Does not give up on tasks until completed in a quality manner and seeks assistance when needed.
- Effectively handles multiple and diverse tasks as well as problem solving, follow directions, works independently with limited supervision and adheres to time lines.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in social work or in a human services related field.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office & MS Outlook computer software.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and within supported communities.
- Working Conditions
- Office environment with field work required. Evening and weekend work occasionally required to successfully implement responsibilities. In state and possibly some out of state travel may occur, including occasional over-night stays.
- Travel to community sites necessary.
- Physical requirements; light physical effort equal to lifting or moving of lightweight materials. Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and up to date auto insurance.
- Other Assignments
Because the NKFM is a dynamic organization that embraces change, to better support our mission, new duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Purpose of Job Description
This Job Description is intended to provide an overview of the primary duties of this position but is not to be considered all inclusive.
The National Kidney Foundation of Michigan is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume with the subject line: “Program Coordinator I” to HR@nkfm.org