Substance Abuse Counselor
September 20, 2017
Growth Works, Inc. is a long-standing organization, providing services to individuals and families throughout Western Wayne County since 1971. Growth Works is currently seeking to add a Substance Abuse Counselor (Clinician) to our Community Intervention and Treatment (CITx) team. The CITx Clinician will provide clinical care to SUD clients (adult and/or adolescent) in the form of group and individual treatment, utilizing Growth Works’ treatment and recovery approaches.
· Facilitate group, family and/or individual sessions for SUD clients, ensuring quality clinical care Documentation of the clinical record and treatment planning
· Conduct intake/assessment sessions
· Attend regular staff meetings
· Masters (MSW) level-related field (Social Work, Counseling, Addictions Studies or other applicable area) strongly preferred. Bachelor’s Degree may be considered, with combined education and relevant previous experience.
· 1 to 2 years of relevant experience preferred in clinical services with similar experience.
· Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Certified Advanced Alcohol & Drug Counselor (CAADC) certification or ability to obtain development plan with MCBAP.
· State of Michigan licensure.
· Knowledge and experience with the disease concept of chemical dependency and recovery required.
· Knowledge of trauma, brain development and co-occurring disorders preferred.
This position is a full-time salaried position with full benefits working Monday through Friday. Some evening hours are required.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to LameeseL@QuadWest.com