Substance Abuse Clinician
October 4, 2017
Canton and Vassar, MI locations
Since 1971, Growth Works, Inc. has been providing exceptional service to individuals and families throughout Western Wayne County. A career with Growth Works comes with outstanding benefits, competitive wages, and the chance to be part of an organization that truly makes a difference in the lives of people who require our services. In joining the Growth Works family, you will become part of the change we wish to see in the world. Our outstanding reputation, innovative programs, and commitment to excellence ensures your career will be rewarding and satisfying as you grow with Growth Works.
Growth Works is currently seeking to add a Clinician to our Community Intervention and Treatment (CITx) team. The Substance Abuse Clinician will provide clinical care to Substance Use Disorder (SUD) clients (adult and/or adolescent) in the form of group and individual treatment, utilizing Growth Works’ treatment and recovery approaches.
- Facilitate group, family and/or individual sessions for Substance Use Disorder (SUD) clients, ensuring quality clinical care Documentation of the clinical record and treatment planning
- Conduct intake/assessment sessions
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Masters (MSW) level-related field (Social Work, Counseling, Addictions Studies or other applicable area) strongly preferred. Bachelor’s Degree may be considered, with combined education and relevant previous experience.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience preferred in clinical services with similar experience.
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Certified Advanced Alcohol & Drug Counselor (CAADC) certification or ability to obtain development plan with MCBAP.
- State of Michigan licensure.
- Knowledge and experience with the disease concept of chemical dependency and recovery required. Knowledge of trauma, brain development and co-occurring disorders preferred.
This position is a full-time salaried position with full benefits working Monday through Friday. Some evening hours are required. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via our posting on Indeed.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org