The Guidance Center - Home Based Therapist
November 1, 2017
As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 56 years. With over 30 programs, we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 25,000 people annually. We have an exciting opportunity for a Home Based Therapist to join our team of talented professionals.
To qualify for this position, you will need the following credentials:
- Master’s Degree or higher
- Must possess and retain current licensure in the State of Michigan. Psychologist (TLLP, LLP, or LP), Licensed Master's Social Worker (LMSW) or Limited Licensed Master's Social Worker (LLMSW) supervised by a Licensed Master's Social Worker, or a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
- Must meet Michigan Department of Community Health requirements of a Child Mental Health Professional (CMHP).
- Must have at a minimum of 1 year of experience in the examination, evaluation and treatment of minors and their families.
- Valid chauffeur’s license and favorable driving record is required. Candidates who do not have a chauffeur's license may still apply, but must acquire one by the end of their first week of employment.
- Must be able to engage and maintain therapeutic relationships with families and develop collaborative relationship with our providers.
- Be able to assess and intervene within complex family and community systems and the wiliness to be flexible, patient and creative.
- Knowledge of child welfare and juvenile justice systems is preferred.
The Home-Based Therapist is responsible for providing mental health treatment and case management services. Services are delivered in the home, residential facility, school or community based on the needs and preferences identified by the client / family. In addition to providing family-centered services, the Home-Based Therapist is responsible to help families to develop collaborative relationships with other human service organizations and people or agencies in the community who can help to enhance and maintain a viable support network for the family after services have ended. The Home-Based Therapist is responsible to help coordinate and integrate services that are provided to families by multiple service providers and to identify and eliminate barriers to effective service delivery. Full-time staff must work 37.5 hours per week, including a minimum of 4 hours per week after 5:00 p.m. Contractual staff hours will vary depending upon program and client needs. Rotation of pager coverage and cell phone coverage for on-call hours will also be required.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more!
If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line by clicking https://www.guidance-center.org/careers?t=5&b=PR2GQZLHOVUWIYLOMNSWGZLOORSXELWGSMRDFTSIBVZFC6X5HFXLDQ3NS6ZZJ2IQRTYCUNKC4YCY6XDXF2YGISBWAMUWQJS42RBQPH754NLLAUPAGLVK5KKYZZ7ZE%3D%3D%3D
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.