Services Evaluation and Compliance Admin Assistant
December 20, 2017
Avalon Housing is a non-profit supportive housing provider created in 1992 as a long-term solution to homelessness. Avalon owns and operates apartments at sites throughout Ann Arbor, manages rent vouchers with private landlords, and partners with both the Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti Housing Commission to provide housing alternatives for formerly homeless adults and families throughout Washtenaw County.
The Services Evaluation and Compliance Admin Assistant is a full-time position who works with the Evaluation and Compliance Manager to support all Services Teams with administrative support and management. This role covers several areas, including data tracking and reporting, program evaluation, management of kaizen (performance and quality improvement) systems, and case file and risk management reviews.
Additionally, this position provides administrative and other support to assist in the smooth and effective running of our Services teams.
Evaluation and Compliance Support
- Familiarity with or ability to learn programs and systems referenced below is required
- Assist with data collection, entry and reporting for all services activity, including HMIS, Foothold Technology, Encompass (CMH software) , and SAMHSA
- Collect and maintain accurate and timely compliance data, including use of the HUD HMIS system
- Assist with producing data and outcome reports for internal and external use.
- Assist with research and evaluation activities
- Assist with CMH billing, authorization oversight, and progress note monitoring
Kaizen (Performance and Quality Improvement)
- Assist with communication and data systems and quality improvements across all services teams
- Assist with quality improvements and accreditation requirements such as case file audits, incident and grievance reports, etc.
- Manage data dashboards for HMIS and other data quality issues to promote data quality improvement throughout Avalon Housing
- Monitor Rapid Re-Housing expenditures and coordinate with Rapid Re-Housing Coordinator and Team Leader to track funds/progress
- Pay monthly rent and process rent check requests, as needed, throughout the month
- Updating funds tracking system and communication of payments with landlords
Additional Admin Support
- Facilitate timely communications between supervisors and third-party inspectors regarding housing inspection status, inspection outcomes, and plans for improvement.
- Manage conversion of electronic filing system.
- Maintain grants notification system with all deadlines, reporting requirements, specific details, and responsible staff members for the CAHBI SAMHSA grant
- Maintain data tracking system with all client intake and follow-up interview details and notifications
- Provide general assistance in data entry and setup of software, including help desk support
- General Service Teams Support
- Tracking and managing training schedules for Services staff
- Track usage and receipts for credit card; report usage to finance monthly
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Flexibility in a highly dynamic environment, with a proven track record of successfully multi-tasking.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly effective personal organization skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of and experience with scheduling, planning, and other office based software is a plus.
- Excellent listening and information gathering skills, including note-taking.
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiative, as well as ability to work as part of a team. Enjoys performing a support role that enables other staff to perform at their best.
- Sense of humor and creativity.
- Ability to understand and adhere to all Privacy and Confidentiality policies
- High level of comfort interacting with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Ability to receive and offer clear feedback effectively
- Ability to initiate requests for additional support and information from coworkers, as needed.
Job Title: Evaluation and Compliance Admin Assistant
Reports to: Evaluation and Compliance Manager
Dept: Evaluation and Compliance
Status: Full-time salaried position (40 hours per week). This position is benefits eligible.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com
Avalon Housing, Inc., Attn: Personnel
1327 Jones Drive, Suite 102
Ann Arbor MI 48105
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Please include the job position title in your email subject line.