Posting: Southeastern Michigan Health Association - Manager – Operation Rx
April 19, 2019
Non-Exempt Full-time with Benefits
SALARY: Based on qualifications and experience
LOCATION: Macomb County Health Department
43525 Elizabeth Road
Mount Clemens, Michigan 48043
The SEMHA Employee, in accordance with the general purposes and objectives of this agreement, will work under the direction of the Macomb County Health Department and Operation Rx of Macomb County. Operation Rx is a community wide collaborative to prevent prescription medication and drug abuse in Macomb County, and reduce morbidity and mortality from opioid addiction. The Manager will oversee the implementation of the Operation Rx strategic priorities, goals and objectives; support activities of the working committees, and advance the mission, resources and projects of Operation Rx.
- Manages the development and coordination of Operation Rx committees.
- Provides community organizing/technical assistance to Operation Rx projects and committees.
- Supports initiatives and activities of Operation Rx partners (e.g. education campaigns, harm reduction, opioid antagonist program, etc.)
- Assists Operation Rx groups by providing guidance for pertinent trainings and conferences, new developments in the field and current and pending legislation.
- Leads the revision, implementation and monitoring of the Operation Rx strategic plan.
- Provides technical assistance to Operation Rx work groups to achieve objectives.
- Reports data and outcomes as required.
- Seeks out and applies for proposals/grant applications within set deadlines and according to best practice standards.
- Develops and monitors sustainability metrics as applicable.
- Performs presentations and public speaking events.
- Disseminate substance use information at health and public fairs, school open houses and other community events.
- Establish and maintain liaison relationships with appropriate agencies regarding substance use prevention.
- Attends assigned meetings and maintains appropriate documentation of Operation Rx meetings.
- Ability to adjust hours of work based on the community needs, including some evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Recovery Oriented Systems of Care.
- Knowledgeable of national and local substance use and prevention statistics and demonstrates the ability to apply current and best practice trends to service delivery.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organizational ability and initiative.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other professionals, clients and the public.
- Be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must possess an operable automobile for authorized departmental travel.
- Possession of a valid Michigan driver’s license and current insurance.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Google mail, forms and calendar is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology, psychology, family ecology, consumer/community services, family studies, family and/or child development, guidance/school counseling, counseling psychology, education, public health, human services, criminal justice, or related field.
- Preferred four (4) years of experience working in the field of substance use disorders or within a public health framework.
- Preferred experience writing requests for proposals/grants and evaluation reports for grants/funding sources.
- Must be one of the following:
- Certified as a Prevention Consultant or
- Prevention Specialist (CPC-R or CPS) or Must prepare a registered development plan within six months of employed.
5. Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to conduct oneself with tact, courtesy, skill and sensitivity.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop, organize and administer programs and services.
Applicants must be presently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis. E.O.E. Application Deadline: April 3, 2019 or when filled.
Mail or Fax resume and/or cover sheet to: Southeastern Michigan Health Association
Attention: William Ridella
3011 West Grand Boulevard
Suite 200 Fisher Building
Detroit, MI 48202
Fax: (313) 873-6504
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE