Posting: Community & Home Supports - Resource Navigator
May 17, 2019
The Resource Navigator is primarily responsible to assist individuals and families who are literally homeless according to federal regulations with acquiring the services and supporting documentation needed to be transferred to our Permanent Supportive Housing partners.
Reports to the CAM Program Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attaining and maintaining a comprehensive understanding of government regulations concerning the definition of homeless, chronically homeless, and at risk and how they apply to federal, state and local homeless services programs.
- Understanding and practicing the Housing First model
- Maintaining relationships with our community partners
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external organizations and entities in the interest of coordinating services for CHS clientele
- Coordinating services with Homeless shelters, domestic violence shelters, CAM intake staff, CAM Lead Agency staff, and PSH partners
- Maintaining appropriate case documentation and ensuring that accurate assessment and reports are completed in accordance with program standards. Ensuring all documentation is entered into the HMIS or other appropriate databases as required by funding sources
- Provide additional services such as transportation, or accompany a client to access community resources as necessary to ensure they acquire the necessary documentation
- Attending team meetings for review of case plans, intervention techniques, program goals, and other related issues
- Attending community meetings pertaining to service coordination
- Attending relevant community meetings, expositions and conferences as needed
- Participating in required initial and ongoing training as directed by program guidelines, CHS requirements or both
- Reviewing and evaluating all cases with Quality Control Manager prior to case closures
- Case file entry, exit, and audits
- Assuming other tasks commensurate with abilities and experience as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Social Work. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher that have experience working directly with individuals/families who are homeless; persons diagnosed with mental health, substance abuse or other trauma-related diagnoses; landlord/tenant laws, and public policy are also welcome to apply.
Experience and skills:
Prior experience working with or supporting individuals and families who are homeless or at risk and in need of resources and/or case management preferred. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills. Must have a basic understanding of how to use Microsoft Excel and Word. Must be thorough, timely, meticulous, and be committed to the Agency and its mission.
Ability to interpret and apply complex government regulations and ability to negotiate outcomes.
This job is essentially a professional field position. Physical tasks are minimal. There will be long periods of time spent using a computer.
Employees are expected to provide their own transportation. Maintenance of a valid driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and vehicle insurance in compliance with State of Michigan requirements are all continuing conditions of employment. If using alternative forms of transportation, the employee is responsible for ensuring that the alternative form of transportation complies with these directives.
Job specific training will be coordinated and/or provided by the Housing Programs Manager.
Send current résumé, cover letter, and references as attachments by email or US Post to:
ATTN: Human Resources
Community & Home Supports
2111 Woodward Ave., Ste. 608
Detroit, Michigan 48201
(FAX): (313) 332-4143
(Please reference position title only in the subject line)