Posting: NSO Life Choices - Multiple Positions Available
May 29, 2019
Mental Health Professional
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and Post-Degree Experience: MA/MS/MSW + at east two years of clinical experience.
Required Certification/License: Licensed Master Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Psychologist (LLMSW, LMSW, LLPC, and TLLP). LLMSW must get licensure by 12month of hire. Valid Driver’s License,
Current Vehicle Insurance, own transportation. Eligible for appropriate credentialing.
The Mental Health Professional, as a member of a continuous support team, is responsible for completing intake assessments, clinical assessments, developing and maintaining Person Centered Plans of Service, coordinating and monitoring consumer services, directly assisting consumers in achieving desired outcomes and documenting consumer progress.
JOB KNOWLEDGE and COMPREHENSION:
- Clinical assessment and writing skills are essential.
- Knowledge of the use of DSM-V.
- Knowledge and ability to diagnose in assessment and treatment planning.
- Knowledge of common signs and symptoms specific to the target population assigned.
- Knowledge of common mental health conditions, substance abuse conditions and mental health treatments/supports interventions.
- Knowledge of behavioral and cognitive techniques and psychotherapeutic treatment interventions.
- Ability to effectively assess and intervene during crisis situations, including suicidality.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and provide advanced levels of knowledge consistent with post graduate training.
- Knowledge of available community resources.
- Ability to utilize sound judgment and practice autonomous decision making, seeking supervision as needed.
- Ability to represent the agency to the community, natural supports and other interested persons in a manner that fosters understanding of the mental health needs of consumers, and the goals and mission of the organization.
- Ability to assess the safety for consumers and self as a professional service provider.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness of the role of culture in the delivery of services.
- Delivery of culturally competent services including the ability to transform knowledge and cultural awareness into interventions that support and sustain healthy client system functioning within the appropriate cultural context.
· Professionally represents NSO and promotes NSO mission and vision statements.
· Promotes a harmonious work environment.
· Demonstrates expertise in his/her functional area, leveraging unique core of knowledge and skills to achieve results.
· Ensures consumer satisfaction through process of monitoring, improving, and delivering excellence in program services.
· Is open to new approaches and takes steps to increase knowledge, skills and abilities, both from within and outside NSO.
Complies with and adheres to department and NSO policies and procedures.
Adheres to established quality and performance improvement standards.
Works effectively with others to accomplish goals/resolve problems.
Organizes work well and uses time effectively.
Maintains consistent work attendance.
Does not disrupt operations by being habitually tardy or absent; works as scheduled.
Program Supervisor- Life Choices
STATUS: Full- time
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Director
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES: Supports Coordinators; Psychologists; Clinicians; Administrative Assistants; as appropriate for Department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: MA/MSW
Required Certification/License: Fully Licensed as LMSW; or as LP; eligible for credentialing.
Additional Skills: Relevant experience in supervision and management of professional staff. Problem solving and communication skills. Organized and knowledgeable of Person Centered principles.
Requirements: Valid Michigan driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This position promotes the mission, vision, values and strategic plan of Neighborhood Service Organization and achieves the strategic goals and objectives of the unit. Supervise staff in accordance with their job duties.
- Train and orient new staff.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Act as back up where possible, to staff in the department.
TASK DESCRIPTIONS: PERFORMANCE FACTORS:
JOB KNOWLEDGE and COMPREHENSION
· Knowledgeable about needs of persons with disabilities.
· Knowledgeable about resources for persons with disabilities.
· Adequate clinical skills to aid staff in assessing consumer's needs.
· Ability to supervise staff; and to teach staff necessary job functions.
· Ensure staff provide timely services to consumers and documentation is completed according to organizational and provider/funder standards.
LEADERSHIP / SUPERVISORY SKILLS
· Able to inspire, influence, and enable others to achieve goals.
· Set performance expectations of the department or individual work unit.
· Develop performance objectives for direct reports.
· Supervise staff which includes mentoring, coaching, training, and administering disciplinary actions as necessary in keeping with Human Resources policies and
· Delegate by allocating decision making and other responsibilities appropriately and effectively.
· Give performance reviews on time and takes an active role in the development of subordinates.
· Develop strategic goals and objectives of the department.
· Achieve results that support and contribute to the accomplishments of the strategic plan of the organization, and the department.
· Researches grant opportunities and new business development.
· Monitor compliance with department and NSO policy and procedures and recommend revisions as appropriate.
· Adhere to established quality and performance improvement standards.
· Provide input on management/supervisory issues and support and implement senior leadership decisions.
· Assure program or department adherence to administrative policies and procedures.
· Make effective and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences.
· Organize work, establish priorities, make proper assignments of human resources, and efficient allocation of resources.
· Work effectively with others to accomplish goals/resolve problems.
· Ensure customer satisfaction through process of monitoring, developing, improving, and delivering excellence in program services.