Posting: Housing Supports Broker
August 6, 2019
Department: Property and Asset Management
Reports to: Director of Property and Asset Management
Employment Status Classification: Full Time Salary
Job Description Summary:
The Housing Supports Broker is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as those with mental illnesses along with their support system members. This position will be responsible for find and assist with securing available housing. This position requires the ability to network and form relationships with mental health providers and other stake holders. This position also requires knowledge of the mental health system in Oakland County.
- Foster collaborative relationships with stakeholders to include person’s served, their natural supports, service providers, landlords, supports coordinators and case managers.
- Attend person centered planning meetings.
- Maintain a housing database and assure its accuracy.
- Advocate for person’s served with landlords, public housing and other housing related professionals.
- Train people to use a new system that will help people find and secure housing.
- Use technology and excellent follow up skills to help multiple people in the process of moving.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prefer a Licensed Bachelor’s in Social Work.
- Must have the ability to work weekends and nights as needed.
- Self motivated person who has a high degree of compassion, can multitask and work efficiently with multiple people concurrently.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Comfortable speaking to large crowds.
- Computer skills including intermediate skills with Microsoft 365, MS Office suite, and the ability to quickly pick up technology and new software.
- Very detailed orientated with excellent follow up skills.
Reliable transportation, possession of a valid driver’s license, and maintenance of automobile insurance coverage that meets organization coverage limit requirements. (BodilyInjury $100,000 each person and $300,000 each occurrence and Property Damage of $100,000 each occurrence.).
While performing the functions of this job, the position is both sedentary and at times requires the ability to be active including standing, bending, lifting, carrying job related equipment and/or arranging files.