Posting: Safe House Center - Children and Youth Program Coordinator
September 13, 2019
To apply send completed SHC Employment Application, cover letter & resume to email@example.com with “Children and Youth Program Coordinator” in the Subject Line. People of color and LGBTQ identified persons are encouraged to apply
Children and Youth Program Coordinator
MOST RECENTLY REVISED:
This position will oversee the management of the Children & Youth and Teen Voice programs at Safe House Center.
● Oversee the management of the Children & Youth program.
● Oversee the management of the Teen Voice peer education program
● Be accessible/provide 24 hour coverage as needed.
● Act as a liaison between Safe House Center, our clients and community members.
● Assist in the promotion of domestic violence and sexual assault services through public speaking and tabling engagements.
● This position is primarily based at the agency but requires the ability to travel locally on a regular basis in own vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Develop, implement and maintain the Children and Youth program services.
● Develop, implement and maintain the Teen Voice program services
● Maintain oversight, train, and provide supervision to the Children & Youth and Teen Voice program staff
● Provide supervision and guidance to all advocate staff as needed.
● Design and carry out educational programs, presentations and workshops.
● Develop and maintain effective working relationships with community partners.
● Collaborate and coordinate services with local, state and federal agencies.
● Provide crisis intervention, support, information and advocacy to survivors of Domestic Violence and/or Sexual Assault.
● Assist with other duties as assigned.
● Abide by confidentiality policy at all times.
● Report any knowledge or suspicion of child abuse and/or neglect.
Working Environment & Physical Requirements:
● This position primarily works in an office environment and requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, lifting and moving items.
● Staff will be required to travel locally and regionally in agency or own vehicle to attend program presentations, conferences, or other related events.
● This position requires flexibility in scheduling and job function as some services require 24 hour coverage including during popular holiday times (including but not limited to – the time around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s).
● This position requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain vehicle insurance.
● Bachelor’s Degree in human services field plus two years’ experience in relevant human services field; two years’ experience in relevant position at Safe House Center; or four years’ experience in a relevant human services field elsewhere.
● Supervisory experience with strong leadership and teamwork skills.
● Ability to manage and assess projects and programs.
● Demonstrated skill in writing, speaking and interpersonal communication.
● Competency in crisis management.
● Computer proficiency.
● Understanding of and sensitivity to the unique circumstances of children and youth, underserved populations, and to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
● Fluency in language(s) other than English preferred.
● Public speaking and training facilitation experience preferred.