Posting: PROF SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER
October 9, 2019
Job Code: PROF SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER 2019
Posting Date: 10/02/2019
Deadline Date: TBD
Starting Date: TBD
Positions: Social Worker
Salary: Per Teacher Contract
Reports To: Supervisor of Special Services
Must hold a valid State of Michigan License, Board of Social Work - MSW Clinical and Macro License
The school social worker provides specialized service to students to promote successful academic and functional
performance and post-secondary transition. Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Assess student needs through observation, interviews and evaluations.
- Serve as a member of diagnostic and IEP teams.
- Consult and collaborate with school personnel to develop, implement and monitor positive behavioral intervention strategies.
- Provide staff with essential information to understand factors affecting a student's performance and behavior.
- Work effectively with parents to promote effective parent involvement and access community resources.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, parents and staff.
- Utilize evidence-based strategies (e.g. Peer-to-Peer, visual/organizational, positive behavioral interventions, communication and data collection) to teach emotional regulation, behavioral and social skills to individual students and groups with diverse needs (disability-specific, cultural, socioeconomic and linguistic).
- Use technology and assistive technology (e.g. computers and I-Pads) to communicate, access/manage data and educate students.
- Communicate clearly and eectively, both orally and in writing.
- Collaborate and consult with community resources to meet students' needs.
- Provide crisis prevention and intervention.
- Maintain compliance as determined by IDEA and Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education
- including the MET/IEPT process, timelines, eligibility criteria and Medicaid.
- Maintain on-going continuing education to maintain licensure.
Applicants must apply online at jobs.uticak12.org. Please scan your letter of application,
resume, transcripts, credentials, letters of recommendation, and certifcates and upload to your
online application. Any questions may be directed to phone 586.797.1130.