October 9, 2019
Office: Advantage Family (or assigned location)
Division: Behavioral Health
Department: Behavioral Health
Reports To: Director of Behavioral Health/ CMO
FLSA Status: Based on employee status
Seeking part-time psychiatrist.
Hours are negotiable.
The Psychiatrist evaluates and diagnoses patients for mental, emotional or behavioral disorders, and develops and implements treatment plans. Responsible for monitoring and evaluating treatment results. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
Duties, functions and responsibilities
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders; establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress; consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other healthcare providers.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, and legal regulations; participates in utilization reviews; remaining available for emergency consultations.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events; writing summaries.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Performs all other responsibilities and projects as they are assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal and written).
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Ability to identify appropriate treatment plans, and to interpret the treatment plans to patients, relatives, staff, and other medical professionals.
- Knowledge of medications and their effects on physical and psychological disorders.
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in the field of mental health.
- Knowledge and experience with treating and prescribing medications (i.e. Vivitrol) appropriate for addiction and dependency.
- Knowledge of laws related to HIPAA, patient and employer confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills; detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Requires an M.D. or D.O. with certification in Psychiatry.
- Must have and maintain a current Controlled Substances Registration Certificate from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Must have and maintain a current Physician License and Controlled Substance License from the State of Michigan.
If interested, please post your resume and complete the application under career opportunities at https://ahcdetroit.org/.