Posting: James H. Dunn Jr. Memorial Fellowship
October 14, 2019
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. CST
The James H. Dunn, Jr. Memorial Fellowship Program provides bright, highly motivated recent college graduates a unique opportunity to experience firsthand the operations of state government for one year.
Dunn Fellows are recruited from public and private colleges and universities across the nation. Qualified applicants must have completed a bachelor's or higher graduate degree in the 18 months prior to the program's commencement and must demonstrate a commitment to excellence through academic honors, leadership ability, extracurricular activities, and community/public service involvement. The program begins on the first weekday in August and ends on July 31st of the following year.
The Dunn Fellowship is an opportunity for recent graduates to obtain hands-on experience in state government, while obtaining tools for their future careers.
Dunn Fellows are paid $31,332 annually and receive full state benefits. Positions on the following teams are available for the current 2020-2021 class of Dunn Fellows:
• Deputy Governor Sol Flores
• Deputy Governor Jesse Ruiz
• Deputy Governor Christian Mitchell
• Governor's Office of Management and Budget
• Office of Lt. Governor Juliana Stratton
• Senior Advisor to the Governor
• Federal Affairs
• General Counsel
• Governor’s Office of Constituent Affairs
• Legislative Affairs
*Fellows will be based in Springfield and Chicago, with one placement in Washington, D.C.
Through the James H. Dunn, Jr. Memorial Fellowship Program, we hope to accomplish the following:
• Offer a governmental initiative to meet the public sector’s future needs for competent administrators.
• Provide a public sector program that encourages talented recent college graduates to consider careers in state government.
• Enable recent college graduates to supplement their academic background with practical experience such as legislative policy analysis and government program administration.
• Enable recent college graduates to play an important role in state government.
Apply at: http://www.illinois.gov/gov/about/opportunities/Pages/default.aspx For questions, contact Gov.DunnFellowshipApp@illinois.gov