Posting: Pam’s Place COUNSELING CENTER
October 25, 2019
Part Time LMSW
Compensation/Perks/Benefits • Independent Contractor
• Project the ethical values, mission and vision of Pam’s Place Counseling Center by providing quality clinical therapy to the patient population.
• Actively participate on the treatment team with client, clinical and medical staff to develop the appropriate patient treatment plan.
• Working with patients, develop comprehensive treatment goals and objectives. Provide a total systems approach to treatment by encouraging participation of patient’s family, employer and other stakeholders.
• Provide case management to patients by developing biopsychosocial assessment, treatment plans, daily progress notes and 60-day reviews. Develop comprehensive patient goals and objectives
• Provide crisis intervention and monitor ongoing patient compliance with program expectations.
• Develop appropriate discharge, follow-up, aftercare and transition plans with support outside the organization continuity of care.
• Facilitate groups, didactics and participate with community organizations.
• Initiate authorizations and re-authorizations of funded patients with continuous open communications with funding sources.
• Masters Degree in Social Work with an active LMSW or LLMSW with 3,000 hours experience or ability to apply for LLMSW immediately.
• Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor certification (CADC, CAADC, CAADC-R) or a currently active three-year Development Plan or the ability to immediately apply for a development plan to obtain the appropriate credentials.
• Minimum of one year substance use disorder experience preferred
• Participate in ongoing internal and external training to maintain proficiency in current trends relative to providing quality therapy to the patient population
• Participate in the initial intake process by providing screenings, patients rights orientation, HIV/Hepatitis C education and provide patient fee arrangements.
• Key competencies include: analytical, drives change, curiosity, problem solving, diligence, planning, excellent communication skills, collaborative style (team player a must)
• Not afraid to voice new ideas and own opinions that drive the business forward
• Confidence with "can do" attitude
• Effective interpersonal and written communication skills required
• Demonstrated Leadership skills; a genuine team player with collaborative style
• High level attention to detail
• Customer focused
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Family, child or school social work involves providing assistance and advocacy to improve social and psychological functioning of children and their families. These social workers attempt to maximize academic functioning of children as well as improving the family’s overall well-being. These professionals may assist parents, locate foster homes, help to arrange adoptions, and address abuse. In schools they address problems such as truancy, bad behavior, teenage pregnancy, drug use, and poor grades. They also advice teachers and act as liaisons between students, homes, schools, courts, protective services, and other institutions.
Addictions and mental health social workers offer support and services to those struggling with unhealthy grounding techniques, connecting them with facilities that serve to teach healthier behaviors and get patients back on track. These patients often struggle with mental and emotional problems as well as addictions and substance abuse problems. Services that mental health and substance abuse social workers provide include individual and group counseling, intervening during crises, case management, client advocacy, prevention, and education. They also focus on counseling families to assist in understanding and dealing with the patient’s problems.
2441 W Grand Blvd Ste 202 Detroit, MI 48208 313-894-8088 (Telephone) 313-894-8888 (Fax)