Posting: NEIGHBORHOOD SERVICE ORGANIZATION
November 4, 2019
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES:
ANNUAL TRAINING REQUIRED:
Non-violent crisis intervention training is required annually Yes No
CPR and First Aid training are required for this position Yes No
LBSW + 2 years experience in mental health field or similar degree in human services with appropriate supervision.
LBSW, LMSW, LLMSW, LLBSW
Writing skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to effectively work with and maintain patience with the population. Basic computer skills are required.
Valid Michigan driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
This position promotes the mission, vision, values and strategic plan of Neighborhood Service Organization and helps to achieve the strategic goals and objectives of the unit.
This is an ancillary supports coordination position involving regular face to face contact with individuals experiencing developmental disabilities. This position requires the coordination of community services rendered to clients, provision of concrete services, and advocacy tasks such as assisting in making appointments and securing financial
benefits. This position requires a significant amount of paperwork.
I. JOB KNOWLEDGE and COMPREHENSION
involves the identification of resources needed by the consumer, accessing those resources, assisting consumer in their application for services, maintaining a working knowledge of community programs pertinent to this population and appeasing administrative staff of unmet community needs.
- Develops and maintains networking and referral contacts with other agencies providing D.D. mental health and ancillary services.
- Maximally utilizes community services to address consumers’ identified needs.
- Updating clinical staff and making recommendations, if needed, regarding the Person Centered Plan of Service, medication and overall well being of consumers.
- Attend and participate in supervisory meetings, program meetings and clinical consultations.
- Assembles and forwards appropriate packets to court, day activity programs and others to enlist the provision of service to consumers.
- Networks internally with other staff and units concerning all community resources.
includes on-going face to face contact with consumers to ensure the effective provision of services and monitoring of consumers’ progress toward treatment goals and objectives.
- Ensures that appropriate services are provided for consumers.
- Assists consumers in reaching their full potential through the use of community resources.
- As applicable, regular information sharing with families/care providers regarding consumer care.
- Assists consumers in becoming more independent, as requested and appropriate, providing support.
involves the initial and annual assessment of the consumer’s overall status to include gathering information from all relevant sources (school, day activity program, hospital etc.), developing a Person Centered Plan for services and intervention based on the consumer’s hopes, needs, wishes, and dreams.
- Completes an assessment/reassessment of overall consumer status evaluating consumer’s abilities and needs for services, at least annually.
- Reviews assessments and or attends case conferences to develop the
- Person -Centered Plan for Service.
- Reviews consumer’s progress as indicated in the Person-Centered Plan and makes recommendations to other members of the support team as needed.
- Provides crisis interventions during and after work hours, as needed, to the population experiencing developmental disabilities resolving the crisis in the least restrictive setting.
includes complete, accurate and timely completion of clinical and statistical records of staff activities.
- Documents every consumer and collateral contact in compliance with agency policy.
- Complete various administrative forms to assure accurate data collection for billing, fee setting, the management information system and other purposes in accordance with agency policy.
includes prioritizing work assignments in a manner consistent with consumer and program needs while making the most efficient use of available work time.
- Consumers are seen per the time lines set forth in the Person-Centered Plan.
- Consults with supervisor when workload conflicts arise and/or system issues arise.
- Performs other job related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Ensures the proper handling of confidential records utilized internally and forwarded to another agency for consumer assistance.
- Accurately maintains record transmittal logs to appropriately document the forwarding of records.
- Maintains record request for Medical records from other sources.
- Maintains a minimum of 60% of available time in direct service.
- Carries a minimum of 35 consumers on caseload.
- Complies with and adheres to department and NSO policies and procedures.
- Adheres to established quality and performance improvement standards.
- Works effectively with others to accomplish goals/resolve problems.
- Organizes work well and uses time effectively.
- Maintains consistent work attendance.
- Does not disrupt operations by being habitually tardy or absent; works as scheduled.
IV. PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Professionally represents NSO and promotes NSO mission and vision statements.
- Promotes a harmonious work environment.
- Demonstrates expertise in his/her functional area, leveraging unique core of knowledge and skills to achieve results.
- Ensures consumer satisfaction through process of monitoring, improving, and delivering excellence in program services.
- Is open to new approaches and takes steps to increase knowledge, skills and abilities, both from within and outside NSO.
- Complies with contractual and regulatory requirements, as needed.
- Fosters commitment, team spirit, pride and trust.
- Possesses good work ethic, drive, energy, and persistence to achieve goals. Takes accountability for job responsibilities.
- Able to anticipate and bring about change when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
responsibilities and duties of personnel so classified.
Preferred contact phone number: 313.961.4890