Posting: Oakland Family Services - PRISM Outreach Worker
November 6, 2019
About Oakland Family Services
Oakland Family Services is a private, not-for-profit, human services organization that provides programs from four offices and within our community located throughout Oakland County. As a leader in child and family-focused services, Oakland Family Services reaches more than 40,000 individuals and 18,000 families each year. We offer a warm and engaging work environment and the opportunity to work with dedicated professional colleagues. In addition to excellent benefits, we offer flexible work schedules, advancement opportunities, work-life balance initiatives and more. Join our team and make a difference. Join us in our mission to build brighter futures for those we serve, while building your OWN brighter professional future.
The PRISM Outreach Worker provides comprehensive and coordinated support services, integrated health care coordination and marketing/promotion of the program for pregnant women and mothers who are involved in substance abuse treatment services within the PRISM Program. The Outreach Worker is responsible for coordinating with clinical staff to identify women who are at risk of or who have dropped out of treatment and or relapsed. The Outreach Worker will work in the community to engage clients and problem solve barriers preventing continued engagement in treatment. The Outreach Worker will also work to promote the program by attending various community events, partnering with local physician groups and hospital systems to identify and link pregnant or post-partum women to services. This position reports to the Supervisor of Clinical Services.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/JOB EXPECTATIONS
- Identify women who are struggling with adherence to any or all of the following: PRISM treatment recommendations, OBGYN/Pre-natal care appointments, physical health care recommendations/appointments or other whole person focused appointments.
- Identify women in the community who would benefit from participating in the PRISM program.
- Consult regularly with clinical team to monitor participation and compliance of women at greatest risk for relapse or termination from treatment. Follow up by phone and in person to engage clients who fail to show or who frequently cancel.
- Document ongoing communication including regular face-to-face contacts with high risk clients.
- Provide promotion of PRISM services within the community as scheduled. Participate in development of relationship building with community health partners.
- Participate as a member of the Behavioral Health team and attend meetings as required.
- Respond twenty-four hours/seven days per week (24/7) to client crisis calls.
- Maintain records, manage and report assessment data following program guidelines and requirements. through active treatment and after completion of treatment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Experience related to substance abuse treatment and case management.
- Have or develop significant understanding of addiction, addiction in pregnant or post-partum women and community based support services. Experience in such settings a plus.
- Special abilities and skills necessary to perform the required tasks and that best meet the needs of the Agency also will be considered. Any standard above may be waived when compensating specifications or circumstances exist.
Visit our Career Center on our website at: www.oaklandfamilyservices.org
Oakland Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer