Posting: Mental Health Therapist MA
January 21, 2020
Under the supervision of the Early Intervention Services Supervisor, Families Forward, will provide home-based intervention to children from birth through seven years of age and their families, residing within the tri-county area. Opportunities may include training and certification within a recognized Evidence-Based Practice. Specific responsibilities include: assessment and intervention to meet child’s emotional/social/developmental needs at home, school, and/or at child care; development of a comprehensive intervention plan to address needs of all family members; provision of services to facilitate the accomplishment of the family’s goals and linkage and collaboration with other community human service providers. Responsible for carrying out all activities of the program/sub-unit in such a manner that fulfills CMHA-CEI’s mission, policies and procedures. CMHA-CEI is a Michigan Certified Bronze Level Veteran Friendly Employer and we encourage active military service member, veterans, and their family member to apply.
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field is required or must be obtained within 60 days of application. Possession of an appropriate State of Michigan credential is required or must have applied for and be able to obtain within 60 days of hire, LMSW preferred. One year of experience (professional or paraprofessional) in the examination, evaluation and treatment of minors and their families required or one academic year of graduate practicum/internship experience with children and families required. Must possess the Michigan Infant Mental Health Association Endorsement® as an Infant Family Specialist (IFS) or as an Infant Mental Health Specialist (IMHS) or become endorsed. Youth evidence based treatments and/or certifications strongly preferred. One year of post master’s experience with minors and families within the past six years preferred. One year of specific training or experience working in a mental health setting with preschool children and families preferred. Some evening hours expected. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to reliable means of transportation for job related use required.
Conditional Employment Requirements:
Employment offers for this position will be contingent upon the results of a background verification, and credentialing procedure consisting of: Michigan State Police clearance check, undergo and pass a Central Registry Screening, verification of a professional license, Medicaid/Medicare verification, verification of an acceptable driving record, educational background check, and verification of an acceptable work history. Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
Applicants must submit an employment application. Resumes cannot be substituted for the employment application. CMHA-CEI’s promotion of diversity is fueled by the desire to seek equality of opportunity for all persons. CMHA-CEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
$43,402 - $49,265 annually. 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. some evening hours.
Families Forward/Parent Infant Program, Louisa Street, Lansing, Michigan.
Job Related Questions
- Do you possess a Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field or will you obtain it within 60 days of this application and prior to the first day of work?
- Do you have one year of experience in the examination, evaluation and treatment of minors and their families?
- Do you have a valid Driver’s License with less than 7 points? Please list the State issued and Driver’s License Number.
- Do you possess the Michigan Infant Mental Health Association Endorsement as an IFS or an IMHS? If not are you prepared to become endorsed?
- Describe your one year of experience (professional or paraprofessional) in the examination, evaluation and treatment of minors and their families or one academic year of graduate practicum/internship experience working with children and families.
- Do you have a current State of Michigan credential/license (E.g.: LLMSW, LMSW, LLPC, LPC, LLP, etc.), have you already applied for or do you plan to apply for an appropriate State of Michigan credential/license? If yes, please describe.