Posting: MACC Development
February 4, 2020
MACC Development is ministry of the Mack Avenue Community Church. We are a Christian community development corporation committed the holistic revitalization of Detroit’s 48214 community, block by block, neighbor by neighbor. We exist to see the gospel advanced and to promote the dignity, value, and worth of every resident. MACC Development is currently seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for managing the entire organization, including staff, programing, and general administration. Please review the following, primary list of responsibilities.
Primary responsibilities of the Executive Director will include:
- Fund Development/Strategic Partnerships - Pro-actively ensures that the organization develops strong long-term relationships with large scale individual, foundation, and corporate donors/funders. Personally, builds and maintains key relationships to ensure fund development strategy is achieved.
- Financial Planning - Develops plans that maximize the financial strength of the organization without adversely affecting other criteria of success (e.g., customer satisfaction, quality of service). Uses performance metrics and quality indicators to guide operational decision-making. Communicates the key performance indicators and manages to these measures. Develops and drives the business plan of the organization and affiliate initiatives within the context of the hyper local strategic direction.
- Staff/Program Management - Attracts, retains, develops, and leverages staff talent. Creates an environment where staff is engaged and performing at high levels. Institutes and utilize an effective performance management system for all employees that includes annual objective setting and evaluation. Ensures programmatic excellence and maximum program impact by establishing operational benchmarks, setting timelines, and making quality of service a priority.
The following are baseline, essential qualifications, for which exceptions are very rare but possible:
- Commitment to Christianity (please refer to the Lausanne Covenant (http://www.lausanne.org/content/covenant/lausannecovenant) generally)
- Willingness to live and serve in Detroit’s 48214 zip code
- Excellent, commendable character substantiated by several personal and professional references
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree, preferably in a related discipline
- 5-7 years of professional management experience
- Strong analytic, communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Experience with budgeting and financial report preparation; basic knowledge of QuickBooks or similar accounting software;
The following are preferred, highly desired qualifications:
- Familiarity with real estate development and finance
- Knowledge of the Christian Community Development practice
- Previous professional experience in the city of Detroit
- Previous professional fundraising experience
The Executive Director is a full-time, paid position. The ED’s compensation includes the following:
- A base salary commensurate to the candidate’s experience and fit for the position
- A fundraising bonus determined by the percentage of all funds raised in the fiscal year
- A performance bonus, supplied at the discretion of the Board of Directors
- A stipend for health care benefits, varying based on the need of the candidate and his/her family
All applicants should submit their resume and cover letter online at maccdevelopment.com/careers. Applications may also be mailed directly to 7900 Mack Avenue, Detroit, MI 48214. The deadline for submitting is March 1, 2019. If an applicant requires an extension for certain circumstances, please contact Executive Director Ezekiel Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)
View pdf of application here:
More about MACC Development:
The mission of Mack Avenue Community Church Community Development Corporation (MACC Development) is to seek the holistic revitalization of Detroit’s 48214 community, block by block, neighbor by neighbor. Since its establishment in 2010, MACC Development has focused its efforts in the areas of youth and education, housing and blight, and economic development, and has created several initiatives to spearhead solutions to those challenges. Check out our amazing team and history here. (/about)