Posting: Research Associate
February 5, 2020
How to Apply
cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Seeking a highly motivated, responsible, outgoing, and detail-oriented Research Associate to work on multiple federally-funded programs examining the role of cannabis and alcohol use on health and health utilization among VA primary care patients.
- Responsible for participant screening, recruitment, and obtaining informed consent.
- Conducting baseline assessments, including performing thorough risk assessments as indicated per study protocols.
- Scheduling and conducting follow-up assessments in the clinic and over the phone, with a particular focus on retaining enrolled participants.
- Job responsibilities also include data entry, updating study databases, accurately completing daily paperwork, preparing assessment materials, following all research protocols and procedures.
- Attending and planning for study team meetings.
- Additional study tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in Public Health, Social Work, Psychology, or a similar discipline, with clinical experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, professionalism, attention to detail, ability to work independently but also within a team.
- Personable, outgoing, willing and able to approach patients in a clinical waiting area and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines are all a must.
- The candidate must be able to work independently for extended periods while receiving feedback and guidance from study coordinators and faculty investigators.
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary team and ability to adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines are also a necessity.
- The job will require flexibility in order to meet project deadlines and goals; therefore, a strong ability to problem solve is highly desired.
- The candidate for this position must be able to work flexible hours potentially including some evenings and weekends, and personal reliable transportation is a must.
Experience using MS Excel, Access, and REDCap are preferred. Previous experience conducting mental health-related research and/or with substance use populations is preferred, but not required.
M-F 8am-5pm, some evenings and weekends may be required
- North Campus Research Complex, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI
- VA Ann Arbor Health Care Center, 2215 Fuller Road, Ann Arbor, MI
A criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position. This is a federal government position therefore US citizenship is required.
Interested applicants should send cover letter & resume to Heather Walters, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org before February 16, 2020.