Posting: Meals on Wheels Coordinator
February 28, 2020
Executive Director at The Helm at The Boll Life Center
PRIMARY FUNCTION / POSITION SUMMARY:
- The Meals on Wheels Coordinator expedites daily meals from the caterer, to the volunteers, to the client out in the field.
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILTIES / PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Receive daily (M-F) delivery of food and separate meals into insulated bags for volunteer pick up.
- Coordinate with volunteer for the food deliveries.
- Report any issues/concerns about clients to The Helm Social Worker.
- Send relevant communications with the meals to the clients (community notices, The Helm Journal, etc.)
- Assist other members of The Helm team where needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of food safety.
- Communication and/or interpersonal skills.
- Empathy skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Interest in and experience working with seniors.
- Have the physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.