Posting: Southfield Community Anti-Drug Coalition
March 5, 2020
Title of Position: Office Assistant
We are seeking a highly organized and responsible office assistant to join our growing organization. In this position, you will perform clerical tasks, answer phones, and organize our calendar. Other duties will include assisting Director, Project Coordinator and Board Members as needed for Coalition activities, including setting appointments, preparing documents, organizing files, managing existing documents, and generally keeping the office organized, tidy, and running smoothly.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer phone inquiries, direct calls and provide basic company information
• Perform clerical duties, take memos, type and maintain documents, drafts, and reports, as well as create, edit, and update spreadsheets
• Arrange schedules for meeting space and conference rooms, attend Board Meetings, take minutes, set up, break down, organize, and maintain conference rooms, training rooms, and meeting rooms
• Create newsletter, send mass emails, and update social media under guidance of the Director
• Update staff calendars and organize schedules
• Prepare information and research for Director’s needs
• Oversee mail deliveries, packages, order, and track office supplies
• Assist in planning company events, meetings, luncheons, trainings, etc.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
• Prior experience handling office responsibilities, experience in customer service, or related field
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to learn and grow with the company
Reports to the Executive Director.
$15 per hour
20 hours per week. 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Flextime needed for meetings and events.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.