Posting: Director of Permanent Supportive Housing, full-time regular
May 11, 2020
Posting Date: 4/27/2020
The Director of Permanent Supportive Housing Services will be responsible for the administration and supervision of all components of the agency’s Permanent Supportive Housing programs (as of the date of this job description, Antisdel Apartments, Brady, Cass House, Littleton PSH, Scott PSH, Thomasson PSH, Travis PSH and Webb Street PSH). This position also involves supervision of the agency’s Housing Specialist. The Director of Permanent Supportive Housing Services must be familiar with CARF Accreditation and funder requirements.
- Manage the agency’s Permanent Supportive Housing (“PSH”) programs.
- Provide supervision to the agency’s Housing Specialist.
- Provide supervision to the agency’s HMIS department
- Ensure program s remain in compliance with agency, funder and accreditation agency policies and guidelines
- Oversee the implementation of any new PSH program s and the wind-down of any terminated programs
- Seek to maintain full capacity of the agency’s PSH programs
- Working with Human Resources, hire, supervise, train and evaluate all PSH program staff.
- Working with Human Resources, discipline and terminate PSH program staff, as needed.
- Regularly review and update PSH program policies, procedures and forms, and work with Deputy Director to get updated documents incorporated into the agency’s Standard Operating Procedures manual.
- Ensure that PSH program employees are using the most recent versions of all relevant documents, forms and agreements.
- Oversee the maintenance of complete and accurate consumer files for the agency’s PSH programs.
- Assist in the creation of PSH program budgets, and ensure that programs operate within such approved budgets.
- Oversee appropriate, timely spend-down of all PSH grants.
- Work with the Facilities Director to ensure that PSH program buildings are updated as needed and are well-maintained and clean, with Maintenance Requests submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure that staff appropriately document and report incidents and Recipient Rights complaints.
- Complete billings, funder and accreditation reports/audits, as needed, in a timely manner.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the Executive Director and/or Deputy Director.
- Must possess and provide proof of a Bachelor’s degree in mental health or related field: Master’s degree is preferred.
- Supervisor experience required
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting persons who make up the agency’s target population. Must have ability to relate to people from a variety of racial, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and lifestyles.
- Effective intra-agency networking skills and community resource knowledge required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including computer literacy, required
- Knowledge of and a commitment to enforce Recipient Rights Policies is required.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax (313)-305-4017 or by mail to:
Human Resources Director
Cass Community Social Services
11745 Rosa Parks Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48206
Submission Deadline Date: May 31, 2020