Posting: Meals on Wheels Coordinator - Part time
June 1, 2020
PRIMARY FUNCTION/POSITION SUMMARY:
The Meals on Wheels Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of daily meal delivery as meals move from the caterer to the volunteers and to the clients out in the field.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Receives daily (Monday –Friday) delivery of food and separates meals into insulated bags for volunteer pick up.
- Coordinates with volunteers for food deliveries including, creating and maintaining delivery routes.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to secure new volunteers, maintaining the volunteer pool.
- Maintains list of MOW volunteer drivers and alternate drivers; is responsible for securing substitute drivers in the event that subs are needed.
- Reports issues/concerns about clients to The Helm’s Case Coordinator or Social Worker.
- Coordinates four annual holiday meal deliveries (securing volunteers, etc.).
- Sends relevant communications with the meals toour clients (e.g. community notices, the Helm Life Journal, etc.).
- Maintains records and reports in regards to Meal on Wheels program/ recipients using various tools includes My Senior Center, intakes, assessments, client case files, Microsoft Office.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Assists other staff members of The Helm team where needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge offood safety and handling.
- Communication, empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail; good recordkeeping skills.
- Generalknowledge of delivery areas (map reading).
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- High School diploma or equivalent working experience.
- Interest and experience in working with seniors.
The above informationon this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Submit resume to Peggy Hayes, ExecutiveDirector at The Helm at The Boll Life Center, firstname.lastname@example.org.