Posting: Social Work Manager - Capuchin Soup Kitchen
June 12, 2020
The Province of St. Joseph of the Capuchin Order — Capuchin Soup Kitchen
Inspired by the gospel of Jesus and the example of Francis of Assisi, the Capuchin friars of the
Province of St. Joseph, together with our partners in ministry, prayerfully build sister-
brotherhood in the world. We attend simply and directly to the spiritual and other basic human
needs, especially those of the poor and disenfranchised, promoting justice for all.
The Social Work Manager will oversee emergency assistance services and other services
including the Rosa Parks Children’s Program and staff to ensure smooth operations and
coordination of services.
- Demonstrate, exemplify and support the Capuchin Charism and Provincial Mission,Vision and Values throughout all professional responsibilities and activities
- Ensure resources necessary for all guests by streamlining programs and services acrossthe ministry
- Develop and maintain a network of referral agencies.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of referrals from outside agencies to determine if CSK canmeet guest needs
- Support staff with challenging cases and resolve guest complaints in a professionalmanner
- Conduct regular staff meetings
- Develop and maintain an updated network of referral agencies for department use
- Participate in continuing education to keep up to date with current practices andguidelines
- Orient and train new staff and volunteers, update current staff
- Supervise and guide staff of Soup Kitchen programs and services
- Oversee Social Work intern program
- Assist in coverage of Services Center when Operations Manager is not present
- Oversee system of collection and management of guest intake data
- Comply with Province and ministry policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
Qualifications: LMSW, 3 years exp. in management position, exp. working in social work
setting, ability to handle quickly changing priorities, effective organizational skills, proficient in
Microsoft Office, effective problem solving skills, must be able to work flexible schedule, some
local travel required.
Interested candidates can apply in any of the follow 3 ways:
1. Pick up an application at the Meldrum Soup Kitchen site OR
Submit letter of interest and resume to:
2. firstname.lastname@example.org Include Social Work Manager in the subject line.
3. Attention: Human Resources
Re: Social Work Manager
The Province of St. Joseph of the Capuchin Order
1820 Mt. Elliott Street
Detroit, Michigan 48207