Posting: The Heat And Warmth Fund - Grant and Compliance Manager
July 22, 2020
The Grant and Compliance Manager writes proposals, provides oversight of the financial administration of federal, state, and private grants; in partnership with Program and Operations teams, ensure program staff accomplish their approved program initiatives and that the organization meets compliance and reporting requirements. Assist in the budget development process and perform budget analysis duties as assigned by leadership. Activities include grant research and writing, compliance reporting, prospecting, and other Development Department functions.The Grant and Compliance Manager writes proposals, provides oversight of the financial administration of federal, state, and private grants; in partnership with Program and Operations teams, ensure program staff accomplish their approved program initiatives and that the organization meets compliance and reporting requirements. Assist in the budget development process and perform budget analysis duties as assigned by leadership. Activities include grant research and writing, compliance reporting, prospecting, and other Development Department functions.
- In partnership with Vice President of Development, Program and Operations staff, research and identify prospective foundation, individual (major gifts and direct mail/membership), government, and corporate funders in alignment with outlined development strategy.
- Prepare and supervise the ongoing progress of grant proposals. Collaborate on grant concept, prepare drafts including executive summaries, propose modifications and ensure completion of all grants (budget changes, extensions, etc.); coordinate the submission of all grant reports and required documentation with THAW team members by deadline dates.
- Prepare and maintain grant records (grant files, internal/ external statistics); develop, maintain and share a comprehensive annual grants calendar that establishes target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, transmittal, and reporting.
- Partner with Program and Operations leaders/staff to enable compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the grantor; oversee special audits conducted by the grantor.
- Proactively gather and document feedback from state funders; share with Program and Operations Department leaders to support compliance, training, and continuous improvement efforts.
- In close partnership with Finance team, following all financial policies and procedures, perform functions of financial administration and reporting of federal, state, local and private grants including but not limited to development and adjustment of associated budgets, coordination of budgeted funds, screening, and processing requests for expenditures and ensuring the timely application for grant payments/reimbursements.
- Develop and track annual grants budget and recommend grant-related policies to support overall organizational goals, priorities, and requirements, including compliance with laws and regulations.
- Follow proposal and reporting standards, including readability, consistency, and tone; entering proposal actions in donor database, Raiser’s Edge.
- Participate in planning, organizing, and supporting special event activities as assigned by Vice President of Development.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with funders/agencies.
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate passion and advocate for the vision and mission of THAW.
- Proficient in the use of databases (Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Fluxx, Oracle, etc.), Microsoft and Adobe products
- Possess expertise in interpreting complex and technical grant funding requirements, submissions, and budget projections.
- Adept at interpreting federal, state, and local government laws and regulations regarding grant administration.
- Accomplished at exercising strong partnership skills while competently reviewing the work of others to ensure conformation to standards.
- Proficiently and effectively communicate across a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including staff, both orally and in writing required.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Capable and willing to lead
workeffectively and collaboratively in a team environment to complete tasks and projects.
- High ethical standards.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed to ensure timely project completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration or Social Work.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the nonprofit business sector
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a grant writer/manager
- Experience managing the grant process, preparing documentation, managing budget, funder, and program as required by the grantor.
- Experience with grant and financial data reconciliation and preparation for an annual audit
- Database management and Raiser’s Edge experience highly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to stand, walk, and stoop for long periods. Mild physical labor required to complete the tasks at hand. Other physical demands coincide with the duties of fundraising professional. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
*THAW will make reasonable accommodations necessary to comply with the ADAA regulations.
Travel for this position may be approximately 10-20%. Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s
license and insurance.