Posting: Director of Special Education
July 22, 2020
1. Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school.
2. Full or temporary certification as a School Social Worker by the State of Michigan.
3. Special Education experience working with students with disabilities, preferred.
4. Experience in working with delinquent youth and at-risk children and families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide guidance and counseling to students and parents. Focus will be on students
(a) Demonstrate continual discipline problems
(b) Certified in Special Education with services indicated in an IEP
(c) Living in an abused, neglected, or homeless environment
(d) Unsuccessful in traditional academic setting
2. Assist with facilitation of IEP meetings (and evaluate students whose academics are
affected by their emotional and behavior issues.
3. Meet with parents of troubled students to create and implement behavior plans
(meetings are held before, during or after school).
4. Address crisis situations if/when they arise.
5. Assist families in using community resources to resolve family problems and to help
increase knowledge of learning opportunities for their student(s).
6. Consult and collaborate with other school personnel in gathering and giving
information on cases and in establishing and planning for student behavior
7. Serve as liaison between home, school, and outside community agencies when
follow-up is necessary for the well-being of the child.
8. Assume responsibility for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating
programs and services to meet the needs of students who have special adjustment
9. Assist in planning and implementing parent programs..
10. Perform social worker duties as directed by the Special Education Director .
BASE RATE OF PAY:
Per TFT Contract [Base Salary Range of $41,030.00 - $47,652.00
You must provide your letter of interest, resume and photographic evidence of meeting the minimal qualifications
i.e. copies of diplomas, educational transcripts, certifications and licensure via AppliTrack at:
All materials received relative to this posting become property of the Taylor School District.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS UNTIL FILLED.
ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES WHICH PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION
WILL BE CONSIDERED
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The Taylor School District Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including
sexual orientation or transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status,
ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, “Protected Classes”), in its programs and
activities, including employment opportunities.