Posting: TURNING POINT
July 28, 2020
TITLE: Resident Advocate/Crisis Line Worker – Afternoon shift
REPORTS TO: Crisis Line Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time/Non-Exempt
GENERAL DESCRIPTION & QUALIFICATIONS: Serve as staff member on duty for crisis response and resident advocacy at domestic violence and sexual assault program. Must have work experience, volunteer work, or internship in the field of domestic violence, sexual assault, and crisis counseling and/or enrollment in a degree program in social work or human services. Must demonstrate sensitivity to survivors of violence and members of diverse populations, and working knowledge of empowerment, oppression, and violence models. Must be able to flex schedule to fill in weekend and midnight shifts. Some holidays are required. Must have the ability to work with diverse populations. This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Travel is not required. Must have reliable transportation, insurance, a valid Michigan Driver’s License and a good driving record. Must pass a central registry and criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Afternoon shift: 3:00-11:00 p.m. Pay rate: $13.00-$18.00 per hour.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Implement agency and program mission and empowerment philosophy
2. Administer and implement agency policies and procedures
3. Maintain agency policy on confidentiality, record keeping and professional ethics
4. Respond to calls on the agency’s 24 hour crisis hotline
5. Dispatch First Responders and Forensic Nurse Examiners
6. Provide crisis support and counseling to hotline callers and women/children in residence utilizing Turning Point, Inc.’s empowerment counseling model
7. Process phone and in-person intakes for shelter
8. Assess danger of client situation and safety planning
9. Assess lethality of suicidal clients and takes appropriate action
10. Maintain records of crisis calls and service to shelter residents
11. Provide information and referrals to callers and residents
12. Provide for the safety and security of the shelter, its residents and staff
13. Must complete all duties on resident advocate ”Mandatory Daily Log”
14. Maintain referral manuals
15. Must be able to work midnight shifts for the on-call emergency midnight schedule
16. Regularly attend all staff meetings, in-services and workshops
17. Coordinate services with other shelter units (children’s program, case management, facilities management, etc.) and with other departments in the organization.
18. Conduct relationships with staff to promote mutual respect, improvement of services, and interdepartmental program development.
19. Notify the Shelter Director, Director of Programs or Chief Executive Officer of any emergency situations that may affect Turning Point staff and clients.
20. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Shelter Director or Crisis Line/Resident Advocate Coordinator.
1. Must be able to work independently and as a team member
2. Allows for flexibility in schedule and job function adapting work to needs of residents
3. Ability to climb stairs
4. Ability to lift 20-30 lbs
Interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume to: HR@turningpointmacomb.org
Or mail to: Turning Point
Attn: Vicki Putnam
PO Box 1123
Mt. Clemens, MI 48046
No phone calls will be accepted.
Individuals with diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. Turning Point is an equal opportunity/equal access organization fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.