Posting: TURNING POINT - Shelter Program Case Manager (Jr)
July 28, 2020
REPORTS TO: Director of Shelter/Crisis Services
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time Non-Exempt 40 Hours per Week
GENERAL DESCRIPTION & QUALIFICATIONS: The Case Manager - Junior will work closely with shelter residents to provide information, support, referrals, follow-up, and advocacy to assist residents to meet their individual service goals. A Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field or 2-5 years of experience working with survivors of domestic or sexual violence is required. This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Transporting shelter residents is required. Must be able to flex schedule to fill in weekend and midnight shifts. Must have the ability to work with diverse populations. Must have reliable transportation, insurance, a valid Michigan Driver’s License and a good driving record. Must pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment. Pay rate: $13.00 - $18.00 per hour.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Implement agency and program mission and empowerment philosophy.
2. Administer and implement agency policies and procedures.
3. Maintain agency policy on confidentiality, record keeping and professional ethics.
4. Complete accurate and timely daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly documentation and other reports as required by the program and funding sources.
5. Meet with all assigned residents 2-3 times per week, to follow-up on progress with established goals like housing, etc.
6. Conduct weekly resident council meetings for survivors to share resources, updates, shelter events, etc.
7. Address communal living issues with residents.
8. Develop and maintain updated referral list of local service agencies and resources.
9. Conduct weekly housing and employment search trips with current residents as needed.
10. Work with Senior Case Advocates to create, plan and implement a basic computer skills competency curriculum that will assist residents to meet their housing, employment, and plan-related goals.
11. Provide advocacy as needed for residents with community organizations.
12. Support the work of the Senior Case Advocates on a daily basis by filling in to assist, as needed.
13. May be required to transport residents in personal vehicle as needed.
14. Follow up and modify safety assessment and safety plans of residents as needed.
15. Regularly attend all staff meetings, in-services and workshops.
16. Conduct relationships with staff to promote mutual respect, improvement of services, and interdepartmental program development.
17. Notify the Director of Shelter/Crisis Service, Chief Program Officer of DV Services or Chief Executive Officer of any emergency situations that may affect Turning Point staff and clients.
18. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Shelter/Crisis Services.
1. Must be able to work independently
2. Allows for flexibility in schedule and job function
3. Ability to climb stairs
4. Ability to lift 20-30 lbs
5. Ability and willingness to be available for non-scheduled emergency call-in when necessary.
Interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume to: HR@turningpointmacomb.org
Or mail to:
Attn: Vicki Putnam
PO Box 1123
Mt. Clemens, MI 48046
No phone calls will be accepted.
Individuals with diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. Turning Point is an equal
opportunity/equal access organization fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.