Posting: HOUSING RESOURCE SPECIALIST
September 23, 2020
Department: Community Programs
Reports to: HRC Manager
Employment Status Classification: Part Time Hourly
Job Description Summary:
Our Housing Resource Center (HRC) is a one-stop-shop to help people with their housing needs.
As a trained Housing Resource Specialist you will conduct a screening asking callers about their current housing situation. Their responses will guide you through the screening process to recommend options connecting the caller to the programs and resources that may be able to assist them in resolving their housing crisis. Such programs will include:
- community resources and programs that provide housing assistance
- affordable housing options
- information on subsidized housing and other long-term housing options
As a part time position you will be able to create your own flexable working schedule working up to 30 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Conduct a screening via telephone or in person for individuals in housing crisis.
- Assess the caller’s needs to provide appropriate referrals and resources, related to eligibility.
- Assist potential program participants in completing applications for appropriate programs.
- Enter details of the call into a secure database.
- Schedule follow up appointments as appropriate for eligible individuals.
- Represent the HRC and Community Housing Network in the community.
- Successfully complete required trainings enabling you to enter independently in the Homeless Management Information System utilized to record data for screening and working with clients at Community Housing Network.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook and the Internet.
- Enjoy working in a team environment and developing professional relationships with other departments and community partners.
- Demonstrate the CHN Core Values of Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Passion in all interactions.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and telephone communication skills.
The position has opportunity to represent CHN in out of office meetings and community events on occasion and would require the use of your personal automobile.
Reliable transportation, possession of a valid driver’s license, and maintenance of automobile insurance coverage that meets organization coverage limit requirements. (BodilyInjury $100,000 each person and $300,000 each occurrence and Property Damage of $100,000 each occurrence.).
While performing the functions of this job, the position is both sedentary and at times requires the ability to be active including standing, bending, lifting and/or arranging files and office products and supplies and may require employee to periodically stand on a short step stool to access files.
To apply for this position OPEN HERE: