Posting: PEOPLE’S COMMUNITY SERVICES OF METROPOLITAN DETROIT - Youth Programs Manager
September 23, 2020
Who We Are: People’s Community Services (PCS) has been serving the local community for over 60 years. Our Mission Statement: People’s Community Services of Metropolitan Detroit is a non-profit organization established to continue a historical interest of people in providing social services to especially needy neighborhoods of the Metropolitan Detroit Area, so as to meet the needs of individuals and families of the community without regards to race, sex, age or religion.
Job Description: We are looking for an energetic and innovative leader who can create meaningful programming for youth ages 6-17 while managing youth program staff. Candidates should have the ability to solve problems quickly and responsibly, to collaborate with community partners and to develop positive social interactions.
Specific duties include:
- Supervise PCS Delray Neighborhood House Youth Program Staff, Group Workers and other PCS Youth Program Staff.
- Regularly research demographic characteristics in order to gain a full understanding of the needed services of the Delray youth population.
- Keep accurate records of individuals and groups ,attendance and services provided, as required by PCS and its funders.
- Attend Staff Meetings, Board Meetings and Agency’s Annual Meeting as needed.
- Recruit volunteers for the agency.
- Conduct staff meetings with Delray Youth Program staff and in weekly supervisory meetings as well as regular meetings with individual workers. Provide written evaluations of employees under your supervision.
- Responsible for the safe handling of Delray Youth Program Petty Cash.
- Represent the Agency at community meetings as needed.
- Monitor the Agency needs in regard to maintenance of the facility and report to the Executive Director.
- Contribute to the development and writing of relevant proposals and grants serving the Delray Youth population and their family member as assigned
- Maintain at least 80% of staff hours in contact with Agency clients.
- Submit program reports and statistics as required by PCS and its funders.
- Identify and develop indigenous leadership among patrons and residents.
- Inform patrons of available social services.
- Receive reports and records of Delray Youth Program staff.
- Cooperate with other social workers and agencies providing services in Southwest Detroit where indicated.
Requirements: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and previous experience working with youth. Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
Position is Part-time, Monday-Friday 3pm-7pm during the school year and 9am-3pm during the summer.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kelly Farrah, email@example.com