Posting: THAW - Accounting Manager
October 26, 2020
The Accounting Manager is responsible for general ledger management, account reconciliation, depreciation and accruals, restricted asset releases, A/R collections, and preliminary monthly accounting cycle closing.
- Responsible for post award grant accounting ensuring compliance with funding source administrative guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, accurate submission of financial reports, audit and orderly closure of projects
- Support VP of Finance in establishment and enforcement proper accounting methods, policies and principals
- Prepare and analyze Financial statements for the organization
- Prepare Financial Statements for departments and/or outside agencies as needed
- Process and/or oversee accurate and appropriate cost allocation among various departments/funds
- Maintain general ledger and balance sheet reconciliation for organization
- Maintain all receivable ledgers for the organization and advise VP of Finance of the status of outstanding accounts
- Oversee reconciliation of payroll related accounts
- Coordinate and assist in the year-end audit
- Ensure that accounting records are maintained in a safe and orderly fashion
- Work with the VP of Finance to meet financial accounting objectives
- Additional duties as assigned
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in various PC software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suites, Internet Explorer, Outlook etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP requirements and how they apply to a non-profit organization
- Advanced concepts, principles, practices and procedures of internal accounting operations
- Advanced knowledge of work paper preparation, general ledger management, budgeting, financial analysis, monthly reporting, financial statement preparation and audit coordination
Skills and Abilities
- Competence in general ledger database, preferably Financial Edge software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Must meet deadlines
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a senior accountant
- Preferred experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge accounting software
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Preferred accounting experience in a Non-profit organization
Education – Required
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
This position is largely sedentary; however, some filing is required. This position requires lifting files, opening file cabinets, bend or stand as necessary.
*THAW will make reasonable accommodations necessary to comply with the ADAA regulations.
Travel for this position may be approximately 20-25%. Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance.
This position operates in professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.