Posting: McLaren Healthcare - Social Worker MSW
November 13, 2020
Title: Social Worker MSW
M – F, Rotating Saturdays
Department: Case Management Dept.
Effective Date: 11/2020
Provides assessment and intervention to assist clients/families to improve social and economic difficulties interfering with health and wellness through use of casework process and principles, strategies, and community resources.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Determines nature of client's situation by interviewing client; assessing medical, psychological, emotional, and social information; Establishes course of action by exploring options; setting goals with client.
2. Obtains assistance for client by referring him/her to community resources; arranging for appointments; establishing rapport with other agencies.
3. Fosters client's action or adjustment by interpreting attitudes and patterns of behavior; explaining and pointing out new options.
4. Performs individual and/or family therapy, as indicated.
5. Maintains Medical Record and department case documentation barriers to goal attainment, and client/family response to intervention. Maintains appropriate casework statistics.
6. Monitors planned actions by periodic follow-up.
7. Maintains effective operations by following policies and procedures; participating in quality reviews; reporting needed changes.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. May develop and conduct in-service training programs.
9. Participates in interdisciplinary conferences and provides consultation for clinical staff.
10. Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
11. Performs other related duties as required and directed.
Applicants may visit to the Mclaren website to apply under the Oakland facility or they can submit a resume to Sherian.firstname.lastname@example.org.