Posting: Communities in Schools - Family Liaison
January 8, 2021
CIS of Michigan is hiring a temporary part-time and/or full-time Family Liaison for 3 Strong Beginnings classrooms in Detroit and Dearborn, MI. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Isha Bhatt at email@example.com. Reliable personal transportation and a valid driver’s license are required. Requirement: BA or BS in Social Work, Family Studies, or a related field involving practicum experience with families
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Build and Maintain Effective Relationships
• Develop good working relationships with school staff, parents, volunteers, and community partners.
• Provide orientation and training for school staff, volunteers and community partners as needs are identified.
• Complete an Annual Needs Assessment, implement a School Support Plan and launch a School Site Services team that includes appropriate school staff members, community partners, and service providers.
Coordinate Needed Services for Students and Families
• Work in collaboration with the CISM Program Director to lead efforts to broker resources for the school community and connect resources to meet identified needs of case-managed students
• Organize quarterly family engagement activities in conjunction with the school district and community partners
• Design, implement and partner with community organizations in order to coordinate programs, services and resources that will benefit at-risk students as well as the entire student population (Tier I, II and III) within the CIS Service Delivery Model
Case Management Services
• Provide case management services to students who have multiple identified needs or challenges according to Tier II and III Services.
• Provide ongoing monitoring in the areas of attendance, behavior and academic performance to ensure student-level data is accurately being assessed for growth and support needs.
• Provide appropriate referrals to outside agencies for students and families and brokers in-school supports to eliminate access barriers.
• Maintain secure case files on each student being case managed (Individualized Student Support Plan)
Collect, Report and Analyze Data
• Collect data compiled and complete required reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) utilizing the approved data management system (CISDM).
• Utilize available data to adjust School Support Plans as appropriate.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of achieving school and student individualized goals.
• Annual Reporting—annual end-of-year reports will be provided to school and affiliate leadership which are instrumental in planning site services.