Posting: Social Work - Supervisor - Family Services - Wayne County Location US-MI-Oak Park
February 22, 2021
Job ID: 2021-6066
Travel: 25-50% Schedule 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM - Includes availability for emergencies and special needs, including some nights, weekends and holidays.
Provide clinical supervision and professional leadership to a team so the functioning of the unit can be accomplished. Supervisor activities include: Organize workflow and priorities; Assign work among employees; Maintain quality/quantity standards regarding program performance and outcomes; Interpret operating policies and procedures; Participate in hiring process; Train employees; Evaluate employee performance; Twenty-four hour (24) availability to accept referrals or assist with staff and client emergencies.
- Provide individual supervision and professional leadership to direct service staff, support staff and student interns (as applicable).
- Ensure overall unit compliance with contracts, licensing, accreditation guidelines, agency policy, procedure and strategic plan, etc. Complete case reviews quarterly.
- Input data per established guidelines into agency and contractor data collection systems.
- Handle and coordinate the ongoing personnel issues of the unit; i.e., leave records, training records, participate in the recruitment, interview, reference, and orientation process for new hires.
- Communicate employee performance expectations, conduct new hire six month evaluations and annual evaluations. Develop performance improvement plans where required.
- Coordinate the referral and intake process and make appropriate assignments to staff.
- Monitor, read and approve all required reports, including incident reports.
- Provide some direct service to clients depending on specific contract language or unit structure.
- Promote staff morale and team building. Encourage collaboration, share wins and successes, create a feeling of belonging. Responsible for the training needs of the unit.
- Organize and run regular team meetings.
- Interpret agency policy and procedures to staff and serve as a liaison, bringing staff concerns and needs to the Program Manager/Division Director as needed.
- Oversee and approve staff expenses and program expenditures including use of specific assistance funds; Manage unit petty cash and checking account as applicable.
- Participate as requested as a member of a CQI team or other agency workgroups.
- Coordinate services with other agencies/ professionals and represent Wellspring Lutheran Services in community networks.
- Provide twenty-four (24) hour availability to clients and staff and a flexible work schedule.
- Transport clients in your own vehicle.
Master’s Degree in the area of human services and a minimum of one-year field experience working in child welfare and/or with multi-problem families.
A Bachelor’s Degree in the area of human services and a minimum of four (4) years field experience working in child welfare and/or with multi-problem families AND a commitment to complete a Master’s degree within four years (FFM, HOMEBUILDERS, FTBS, Family Support, FC Supportive Visitation, Supportive Housing).
Minimum two years related experience working with children and families unless contract/license requirement indicates more experience is required
**Wellspring Lutheran Services, Family Services, Human Services, Social Work, Supervisor, Oak Park, Wayne County, Metro Detroit**
Preferred contact phone number: 844.HOPE.FLOWS