Posting: Teen Engagement Coordinator
March 12, 2021
Salary:$30,000 - $35,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Number of hires for this role:1
Position: Teen Engagement Coordinator
Report To: Teen Director
Friendship Circle provides assistance and support to 3,000 individuals with special needs and their families by providing recreational, social, educational and vocational programming. In addition to helping those in need, the Friendship Circle enriches its vast network of volunteers by enabling them to reap the rewards of selfless giving. Friendship Circle also provides support to individuals and families struggling with isolation, addiction and other family-related crises.
The role of the Teen Engagement Coordinator is to engage with teen leaders and develop relationships with teen volunteers. This includes teen programming, connecting teens to volunteer opportunities, and planning special teen events. The Teen Engagement Coordinator will also oversee the teen leadership board.
Friendship Circle Core Values:
- Respect for every person for their infinite value within their soul
- Values the Jewish foundation of Friendship Circle
- Takes ownership
- Team player
- Yes attitude
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with teen leaders to oversee and direct Teen Leadership Board.
- Coordinate and manage teen programming such as Teen Talks and Peer to Peer.
- Organize and implement at least 4 teen events a year with the guidance of the Teen Leadership Board
- Serve as a role model for teen volunteers.
- Be willing and able to provide direct support to teens via text, phone call, WhatsApp, etc.
- Network with teens to expand teen network.
- Assist in the implementation of teen related grants.
- Facilitate and support teens volunteering with children with special needs.
- Ensure program costs are staying within established budgets.
This individual must have effective written and oral communication skills. Strong organization skills and the ability to work on a team are essential. This individual must be a self-starter who is eager to meet agency needs under the supervision of the Teen Director. Sunday and Evening flexibility is a must. Experience and interest in working with teens is required.
- This position operates on a school-based calendar with work days that shift depending on the season.
- Sun-Th 11:00am-7:00pm from Sept-May
- M-F 8:30am-4:30pm June-Aug
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 - $35,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
teen engagement: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place