Posting: IOSCO REGIONAL EDUCATIONAL SERVICE AGENCY - Social Workers/Counselors – two (2) full time school year positions
April 8, 2021
IOSCO REGIONAL EDUCATIONAL SERVICE AGENCY
27 N. Rempert Rd.
Tawas City, MI 48763
Phone 989.362.3006 / Fax 989.362.9076
The individual(s) selected for these positions will provide social work therapy and/or counseling to students in the PK-12 school setting to address social/emotional/mental health needs. Responsibilities will also involve coordinating behavioral supports for intensive-need students and direct student therapy will be conducted per the individual students plan of care. Billing for Medicaid Services and utilization of the electronic student database system is a function of these positions.
Applicants should have one of the following certifications in the State of Michigan
1. Licensed Master Level Social Worker (LMSW)
2. Limited-licensed Master’s Level Social Worker (LLMSW)
3. Licensed Masters Level School Social Worker (SSW)
4. Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with individual students or groups of students within the classroom, school or community setting
2. Work as a team member with the building principal, psychologist, other ancillary staff and teachers on student intervention teams.
3. Provide consultation to parents, school personnel and community agencies.
4. Provide in-service training for school personnel
5. Provide parent education programs.
6. Coordinating behavioral supports for intensive-need students.
7. Teaching and reinforcing essential social skills
8. Provide direct and indirect service to students and their families through individual, group, and consultation methods.
9. Other Responsibilities as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
Wages and Fringes: To be developed in accordance with the grant.
Submit materials including, at a minimum, a resume, three (3) letters of recommendation, copies of
professional licenses, and transcripts to:
Iosco Regional Educational Service Agency
Attn: Rena’ Foster
27 N Rempert Rd
Tawas City, MI
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. or until filled