Posting: Licensed Master Social Worker
April 28, 2021
Locations: Taylor Street Primary Care Clinic
Scheduled Hours: 9am-5:30pm Monday-Friday
Applicants may contact Kelly Orlandino at email email@example.com
Overview of Role:
Taylor Street Primary Care Clinic, which is located within the Virginia Park community within the City of Detroit, serving an underprivileged and underinsured population of people is looking for a full-time Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) ideally with experience in a health care setting. The position is the primary interface for patients to access services such as peer/family counseling and support, screening, assessment, treatment, consultative services, education and engagement, linkages, outreach and advocacy. Working from an interdisciplinary approach and in collaboration with the staff, the LMSW also provides orientation, consultation, and ongoing training to pertinent staff as needed in order to strengthen the relationship between behavioral health services and other community-based services.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Comply with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and customer service standards.
2. Provide ongoing consultation for primary care staff in appropriate mental health techniques for college students.
3. Participate in ongoing training in adult behavioral health issues and provide training to primary care clinic staff in mental health topics including counseling skills and confidentiality, medication use and misuse, substance abuse, wellness, rehabilitation, recovery and self-sufficiency.
4. Provide clinical education supervision and mentorship of graduate students
5. Participate in research activities
6. Based on Medical Provider referrals will conduct brief, non-stigmatizing screenings to evaluate the needs of college students for mental health and support services, based on medical record, direct interview and interaction with the family and/or discussion with other staff members who interact with the family.
7. Perform comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessment for mental health, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, domestic violence and medical needs. Conduct follow-up as appropriate based on results of evaluation.
8. Provide licensed, post-masters level behavioral health services in low-intensity/brief treatment, problem-solving therapy and behavioral activation in a culturally, linguistically and age appropriate manner. Develop, implement, and evaluate plans for the provision of mental health and support services jointly with Medical Providers and other staff members as appropriate.
9. Establish and maintain a current listing of community linkages to meet the needs of the target population. Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with community providers of adult services. Initiate linkages, disseminate information and make referrals to the appropriate services as needed.
10. Provide early interventions and referrals to specialty mental health services, including referral for more intensive psychological or psychiatric support services, if needed.
11. Assist patients with determining eligibility for health coverage programs and other programs as needed. This includes assistance with forms, making initial contacts and appointments for the patient. Follow-up with the patient to ensure linkages to services are made.
12. Document findings in patient’s medical records according to established protocol.
13. Development and implementation of policies and procedures.
Masters degree in social work from an accredited institution
Michigan state license and certification in social work
1-2 years of clinical social work experience in a primary care or medical setting is strongly desired.
Desire to work with a diverse population.
Knowledge of health information related to college students
Strong positive communication skills
Work well as part of an interdisciplinary team
Uphold Cultural sensitivity in all actions
Skilled in use of Electronic Health Records
Ability to complete work and articulate provider concerns in a timely and concise manner
Knowledge of appropriate billing and documentation as a social worker