Posting: Careline Hospice
May 21, 2021
Careline Health Group is one of the fastest growing post-acute providers in Michigan and is ranked #4 Nationally for Best Workplaces for Aging Services. We believe everyone connected to us should Expect Exceptional – our patients, families, care providers, community partners and employees. Our goal is to better manage care for the frail and seriously ill population. Careline promotes a family culture of doing what is right for our patients, wherever they call home. If you want to join a team that is driven by innovative high-quality care and a commitment to excellence, please apply and join our growing family!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Company Vehicle Program
- Inspirational Culture!
As a Hospice Medical Social Worker, you will coordinate care to enhance the patient’s quality of life and counsel them and their caregivers as they journey through the end of life stages. You will establish, implement and evaluate goals and objectives for social services along with handling some of the day-to-day details of the patient’s medical care. You will collaborate with a team of providers that may include a hospice RN, LPN, aide, chaplain, music therapist, massage therapist and volunteers to provide world-class care for your patient. In this role you will be responsible for:
Making the patient’s initial evaluation within 5 days of hospice admission and re-evaluate the patients social work needs during each subsequent visit
- Assisting patients and caregivers in planning for funeral arrangements, financial, legal and health care decisions
- Educating patients and caregivers on, and assists in, preparation of advanced directives.
- Providing information to patients and caregivers regarding community agencies and referral services
- Carrying out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, communication patterns, high risks for suicide, neglect or abuse and plans intervention based on evaluation findings
- Assessing the psychosocial status of patients and caregivers related to the patient’s terminal illness
- Counseling patients and caregivers as needed in relation to stress, and other identified coping difficulties
- Assessing for and educating staff on any special needs related to the culture of patients and their caregivers. This includes communication, role of family, space, and any special traditions
- Providing bereavement support to patients, caregivers and hospice personnel
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university
- Current state licensing in Social Work.
- Experience and/or education in grief or loss counseling
- Complete required work daily
- Cope with work involving ill, disabled, and terminal patients
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills
- Hospice and/or Home Health experience
- Familiarity with Home Care Home Base (HCHB)
- Home Office: 103 S Jackson St, Jackson, MI 49201
- Main Service Area: Jackson and surrounding areas
- Office hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- Weekend rotation
- On-call rotation
Careline Health Group conducts a background screening on you upon acceptance of a contingent job offer. Background screens are completed by a third-party administrator, the Michigan Long-Term Care Partnership, and are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Careline Health Group is an equal opportunity employer.