Posting: Freedom House - case manager
May 24, 2021
The Housing and Basic Needs Case Manager position is responsible for providing person-centered care to clients, in coordination with the Social Services team. This position is responsible for providing assessment, care planning, and referral services to individuals and families.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or any social science field or a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Experience and familiarity with immigrant populations preferred.
- Working Proficiency of another language strongly preferred (French, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese)
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing, verbally and electronically.
- Valid driver’s license and State of Michigan background check
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administer written individual and family assessments
- Develop and update person-centered care plans
- Identify client needs and make appropriate referrals to partner organizations and in-house programs
- Consult with team on appropriate placement, referrals, and offsite housing
- Maintain up to date client files, both electronic and paper
- Prepare reports as requested
- Create a housing plan with each client and assist with all aspects of moving into permanent housing.
- Enroll children in school and assist parents in learning and navigating the school system.
- Assist in maintaining and expanding the resource database through networking with other professionals.
- Attend scheduled work conferences, staff meetings, agency functions and fundraisers as requested
- Assist supervisor as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32,000.00 - $35,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff are to wear masks. All staff must wash their hands and check their temperatures upon entering the building. Symptomatic staff members will asked to get tested.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Case Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Arabic (Preferred)
- Portuguese (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location