Posting: VACANCY/JOB POSTING
May 25, 2021
Job Title: Behavioral Health Specialist
Reports to: Behavioral Health Supervisor
FLSA classification: Non-exempt
Position summary: Provide integrated behavioral health care services to patients and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform biopsychosocial Behavioral Health Care Services (BHCS) assessments.
- Establish a treatment plan that provides maximum benefit to the patient.
- Involve the patient in identifying and understanding presenting problem.
- Consult with medical/referring providers integrating behavior and primary health.
- Educates and support the patient regarding options and services available.
- Provide for a multi-disciplinary approach to a treatment plan, coordinating with other staff.
- Coordinate care of patients with referring health provider(s) or agencies.
- Assess patient progress and modifies the treatment program accordingly.
- Maintain documentation on all case files including patient information, treatment plan, progress and outcomes.
- Attend and participate in conferences to discuss patients’ care and other staff meetings. Participates in committees as requested.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Assist clients with interpreting when needed.
- Assessment screenings on the PHQ-9, Audit, Edinburgh, etc.
- Maintain patient confidentiality by following protocol and procedures set for HIPAA guidelines
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Responsible for contributing to the patient team care approach as it relates to social worker supervisor/behavioral health care worker duties.
Education: Master’s degree in Social Work. Completion of an internship required by degree.
Experience: Social work experience required.
Special requirements, qualifications, licenses or certifications: Ability to speak Spanish strongly preferred. Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) in the State of Michigan. Substance abuse certification or specialty
Supervision exercised: Supervise social work students
All candidates interested in applying, must submit their written request and resume to Angela Salgado, Chief Human Resources Officer firstname.lastname@example.org