Posting: Affirmations LGBTQ+ Community Center - Behavioral Health Program Manager
June 14, 2021
Affirmations LGBTQ+ Community Center
290 West 9 Mile Road
Ferndale, Michigan 48220
- Licensed (State of Michigan) master’s level social worker (LMSW)
- 5 years of clinical experience post-licensure
- Personal and/or professional experience with the LGBTQ+ community
- Supervisory experience, preferably with clinical MSW-candidates
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends
- Cultural competence and a strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience and competence providing care and counseling to youth
- Lived and/or professional experience with Transgender, Two-Spirit, and/or Non-Binary individuals
- Experience providing letters of support for gender affirming medical care
- Knowledgeable and experienced in trauma-informed care
- Experience providing telehealth counseling
- Familiarity with case management software
- Experience maintaining HIPAA compliance
- Provide appropriate evidence-based counseling with individuals, partners, groups and families
- Work independently and with discretion as it relates to job responsibilities, decision making, supervision and management
- Recruit, onboard, train, supervise, and mentor masters-level counseling interns
- Conduct psychosocial assessments and updates as needed
- Assess counseling applications and determine appropriate next steps
- Oversee care coordination provided by staff, interns, and lead volunteers
- Develop appropriate goal-focused, person-centered treatment plans containing measurable goals and objectives; obtaining client and other stakeholder (guardians, family members, payers etc.) input as appropriate
- Build & maintain relationships with LGBTQ-affirming organizations and professionals.
- Join Affirmations’ groups with different insurance providers and accept insurance payments for counseling services
- Maintain HIPAA compliance and contribute to efforts to improve
- Respond to crisis situations at the community center and remotely
- Work with the Director of Programs and other Behavioral Health Program staff to regularly monitor and evaluate the program to identify and implement improvements, especially as it relates to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Maintain and improve tracking and data collection
- Provide occasional training related to behavioral health for the community
- Contribute to the growth of the Behavioral Health Program
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
To apply, please email a resume/CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by June 25th, 2021.
This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the job holder. The holder of this position will be required to follow any other instructions or perform other duties as requested by their supervisor. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential elements may change if and when necessary.
It is the policy of Affirmations to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliation, veteran status, familial status, disability status, or a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or other legally protected status in accordance with state or federal law. The policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits and all other aspects of employment.