Posting: Maggie's Wigs 4 Kids - Child and Family Social Worker
August 6, 2021
Maggie's Wigs 4 Kids of Michigan social workers support families with their adjustment from diagnosis of cancer or other disorders leading to hair loss. They assist our families through treatment plans and survivorship for those who have lost loved ones due to cancer. Child life specialists help our kids confront fears; concerns associated with their health challenges. Maggie's Wigs 4 Kids of Michigan successfully implements play therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and helps our families cope with the emotional, social & psychological side effects of hair loss.
All services are provided at 30130 Harper Avenue in Saint Clair Shores, MI 48082.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position will have day to day activities that include but are not limited to:
- Providing mental health counseling to individuals, groups or families—if one is a clinical social worker
- Conducting initial assessments of clients; situation to determine needs and goals
- Have a clear and concise understanding of child development.
- Researching and advocating for appropriate public assistance resources for clients
- Communicating with clients and interacting with care teams
- Providing crisis intervention as needed
- Referring individuals to appropriate treatment centers, as indicated
- Ensuring that all case files, and other records, strictly comply with policies, regulations, and procedures
- Actively participating in ongoing training as needed in order to meet all certification standards and credentialing policies
Qualifications and Skills
This is a MSW position, LMSW preferred however, LLMSW will be considered, however, supervision will not be offered. Candidate must have an MSW with an emphasis on children and family. The candidate will need to be able to communicate effectively, advocate for patients, problem solve, be able to work within a team and document appropriately.
This position reports and works in tandem with the Founder and CEO and the Director of Development to ensure that the needs of the children are being met at all levels.