Posting: The Children’s Center in Detroit - Clinician School Based
August 13, 2021
Clinician School Based
Apply at: www.thechildrenscenter.com
The Children’s Center staff also enjoy the supportive environment that is found amongst team members and supervisors. Supervisors care and advocate for you. Not to mention, everyone cooperates and aims to work well together. Collaborating with multiple professionals including psychiatrist, psychologist, ancillary professionals all work as a team allowing you to learn more about other fields and therefore be able to provide better services. In GBH you will feel valued and see that your work is appreciated!
To qualify for this exciting opportunity, you will need:
- Master’s degree in mental health related field such as; social work, psychology, or/and counseling.
- State of Michigan Full or Limited License (MSW, Professional Counselor, Psychologist) – Full License preferred.
- Must be CAFAS or PECFAS trained.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience with a managed care behavioral health organization that diagnosis, evaluates, ad treats minors and their families as well as prior experience in providing mental/behavioral health services and evidence-based practices.
- Experience working in the Community Mental Health setting.
- Experience working with children and families in a clinical setting.
- Previous leadership positions in a clinical setting.
- Develop and present staff and parent trainings relating to child mental health matters and self- care, among others.
- Create and facilitate group curriculum directed at improving mental health experiences in clients as well as relating to prevention strategies.
- Attend designated school functions to educate about services and assess student need for clinical intervention.
- Presence at community activities that promote education about behavioral health services.
- Engage with school stakeholders for referrals and to advocate for delivery of quality clinical services for students.
- Provide services primarily within the school setting during school hours.
- Prior community-based experience, substance use treatment experience or development plan for SUD preferred.
- Interest in trauma focused treatment or training.
- If position requires driving, you must be able to provide proof of having a current, valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance.
- This posting is not all inclusive of job responsibilities.
While you are taking care of our clients, we want to take care of you!
TCC offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package including:
Potential Performance Incentives
- 160 hours of Paid Time Off available on your first day of employment
- 10 Paid Holidays
- NHSC Loan Repayment Program
- Strong Professional Development Programs
- 24 + hours professional development training available yearly
- Free licensing supervision (social workers, counselors, and psychologists)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Specialized clinical training in evidenced based/informed practices for children
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Infant Mental Health
- Incredible Years
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Parent Management Training – Oregon Model
- Child Parent Psychotherapy
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment
Robust Health Care and Benefit Package including:
- Vision and Dental Plan sponsored 100% by The Children’s Center
- Matching 3% 403(b) retirement plan after one year, fully vested after two- years of employment
- Life Insurance 2x salary up to $100,000
- Long Term Disability sponsored 100% by The Children’s Center
- Longevity Pay
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Tuition reimbursement
Voluntary Benefits :
- Critical Illness
- Voluntary Life, voluntary spouse and dependent life
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Shield (prepaid legal services)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.