Posting: Kadima Mental Health Services - Business Unit Coordinator
November 10, 2021
The Business Unit Coordinator provides direction, coordination, and consultation for all member activities associated with the Clubhouse Business Unit. All Clubhouse staff have a generalist Role.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize member volunteers both in the community and for work projects on site at Kadima
- Develop appropriate, measurable vocational goals and objectives
- Prepare reports and/or maintain records for OCHN, and Kadima/Clubhouse utilizing management information system/Clubhouse Database/County health record Database.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for members
- Train and provide direction and support members, volunteers at identified work sites
- Carry-out assessments, identifying vocational strengths, and determine appropriate field for the members
- Develop independent vocational cases and devise a suitable long-term vocational plan for the members
- Identify work readiness and transferable skills and advise a suitable profession for the members based on vocational case file
- Motivate members to pursue their career with dedication and persistence; facilitate job placement and training process
- Identify each member’s barriers, and help the members in overcoming those barriers; set up long term goals for the member and monitor the member in pursuit of those goals
- Effectively interact with program participants, to come up with successful long-term vocational programs for the members
- Complete all necessary documentation for the vocational file
- Monitor and record members' progress to ensure that goals and objectives are met
- Collect, enter and assist in interpreting data relative to member utilization of the Business Unit
- Manage data/revenue/expenses regarding Snack-Shop and provide Quarterly Statistics.
- Participates in quality control and quality assurance activities completing all paperwork pertinent to Clubhouse operations and its accreditation.
- Maintains quality and integrity of services for members.
- Majority of staff time will be engaged in work united with Clubhouse members
- Completion of PSR/Clubhouse Assessment and development of goals within 14 days of referral.
- Complete and be in full compliance with member’s notes in a timely manner.
- All persons working within Kadima/Clubhouse are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times and comply with the standards set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs job duties and responsibilities in accordance with applicable Safety and Health policies and procedures.
- Staff members are requested to support the mission of Kadima/Clubhouse in all activities and act as ambassadors.
All other duties as assigned by the Clubhouse Director that contributes to the advancement of Kadima as a premier provider of services for people with disabilities. All other duties that are general in nature and are related to the scope and practice for this position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Qualifications Required:
- Minimum an Associate, Preferred Bachelor’s degree in sociology, psychology, social work, or any related mental health field
- Experience working in the Clubhouse Model preferred
- Must possess a knowledge and understanding of co-occurring disorders (mental health & substance abuse).
- Must be able to work weekends/holidays and evening activities
- Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license, insurance and a good driving record
- Preferred Experience working with adults with psychiatric disabilities
- Over the age of twenty-one
- Good written and oral communication skills
- All Clubhouse Staff are expected to attend and complete all necessary County, State, Clubhouse International and agency trainings to successfully intergrade in to the Clubhouse Model.
As appropriate and fiscally reasonable.
- Ability to work on their feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift more than 25 lb.
- Ability to work in 1:1 as well as group setting
- Ability to work in the Clubhouse for long periods of time
- Ability to work with all members of Kadima
This Company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying the position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.” The described job requirements are subject to change to reasonable accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Mental Health Services
15999 W. 12 Miles Road
Southfield, MI 49076
10% within community