Posting: On My Own Of Michigan - Independent Living Program Coordinator
April 1, 2022
Independent Living Program Coordinator
ABOUT ON MY OWN OF MICHIGAN
On My Own of Michigan is a metro Detroit nonprofit dedicated to making independent living possible for people with developmental disabilities.
We were founded in 1997 by parents of young adults with developmental disabilities who were looking for, but could not find, independent living options for their children. After much consideration and planning, our founding families worked together to create the option they had searched so long for: a supportive, inclusive community that allowed their children to live the lives of their dreams.
In 25 years of service to our community, we’ve helped individuals with autism, Down Syndrome and other cognitive impairments achieve and maintain independence.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS INDEPENDENT LIVING PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Our Independent Living Program Coordinators report to our Independent Living Program Manager and are expected to be trusted, hard-working, member-focused partners in ensuring our members and families have the support they need.
Independent Living Program Coordinators are responsible for providing personalized independent living support to individuals making the transition to, and maintaining, independent living.
To ensure this support meets the needs of our members and their families, Independent Living Program Coordinators will prioritize the following responsibilities:
- Member and Family Support
Independent Living Program Coordinators will provide personalized support to a caseload of 10 - 15 members and their families. Support includes but is not limited to:
- completing member assessments and individualized plans for service collaboratively with members and their natural supports,
- proactively assisting members attain their goals and maintain a good quality of life,
- coordinating necessary and requested community supports, including government benefits, employment services, and direct care,
- offering general and emergency support as needed, including fielding calls on our 24/7 emergency line one week per month,
- ensuring proactive and timely communication with members and their families, and
- completing timely and accurate documentation of meetings and plan progress.
And because we’re a small and growing organization, our Independent Living Program Coordinators are expected to pitch in where needed and complete other duties as assigned.
ABOUT OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
We’re looking for a motivated professional willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed.
Our ideal candidate is:
- flexible and solution-oriented,
- reliable and punctual,
- detail oriented and organized,
- able to manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently throughout the day,
- a great writer and communicator,
- a trusted thought partner and safe space for others to confide in,
- committed to growth and improvement,
- comfortable working with a diverse population and engaging in our equity work,
- fluent in the language and landscape of services for people with developmental disabilities, and
- passionate about helping people with developmental disabilities achieve independence.
Educational and Professional Experience
All candidates must have:
- a bachelor’s degree in social work, special education or a human services field,
- at least one year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities,
- previous case management experience,
- basic computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft office suite, and
- a clean driving record, evidence of insurability and ability to safely operate a vehicle.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All On My Own of Michigan staff must be up-to-date with their COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters, and adhere to organizational COVID-19 safety protocols, including wearing masks indoors.
Benefits to Look Forward to
- A starting salary range of $42,000 - $50,000 depending on experience and generous wellness benefits.
We’d Love to Meet You!
We’re committed to growing the diversity of our team and encourage diverse candidates, individuals with developmental disabilities, and late-career professionals to apply.
If you’re interested in becoming our next Independent Living Program Coordinator, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.