Posting: Outpatient Therapist - Heart of the City Health Center
April 28, 2022
Heart of the City Health Center
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Cherry Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a mission to improve the health and wellness of individuals by providing comprehensive primary and behavioral health care while encouraging access by those who are underserved.
This position is responsible for the direct provision or coordination of assessment and treatment of assigned clients. May be responsible for facilitating groups. Provides services within the scope of practice of professional discipline and ethical standards of applicable national professional association.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefit eligible position. Typically working Monday - Friday, from 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Cherry Health requires all team members to receive the COVID-19 vaccinations subject to certain exclusions. Cherry Health is committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.
Newly hired Therapists are eligible for Sign-On Bonuses up to $4,000! These Sign-On Bonuses are for External Hires only and are being offered in addition to our other great benefits.
At Cherry Health, our employees receive:
- Regular work hours (no holidays and limited evenings/weekends)
- Additional pay for on-call hours
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and other supplemental and voluntary benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans with Significant Company Match
- Student Loan Repayment for qualified individuals
- ...and more!
- Either a Master of Social Work (LMSW) license, a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) by the State of Michigan required – as determined by program requirements.
- Must have a CAADC certification through MCBAP or apply for the MCBAP Development Plan within 30 days of hire.
- Three years of previous mental health and/or substance abuse assessment and treatment experience preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job listed above.
- Provide evidence-based practices for individual, group, family, and/or couple therapy – which includes, at a minimum, Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Coordinate with community, referral and funding sources to provide needed services.
- Maintain timely clinical documentation that adheres to CARF, Community Mental Health (CMH), and Agency standards.
- Assess and diagnose psychopathology including mental health and/or substance use disorders according to the current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM).
- Create treatment plans that are measurable and follow evidence-based practices.
- Provide interventions, safety planning, and/or referrals for patients who are in crisis situations.
- Perform screenings, brief interventions, and referrals to treatment.
- Maintain current authorizations for service and complete utilization reviews as required by funding sources.
- Maintain Agency productivity standards.
- Work effectively with the agency’s Billing/Coding and Finance departments to resolve any authorization or payment issues for patients.
- Coordinate with internal and external primary care providers and psychiatrists to effectively treat the psychosocial and medical aspects of behavioral health disorders.
- Participate in case conferences and/or huddles.
- Complete all required training programs and share knowledge and skills with peers.
- Adequately prepare for and attend required supervision meetings.
- Understand and adhere to Agency compliance standards as they appear in Cherry Health’s Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Keep abreast of all pertinent federal, state and Agency regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Other duties as assigned.
Masters or better in Counseling Psychology.
Masters or better in Social Work
Licenses & Certifications Preferred
Yohana Barbosu, Talent Acquisition Recruiter
We are accepting applications for this position until the position is filled.
Our policy is to offer all employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected category.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)