Posting: Clinical Therapist: LMSW/LPC - Advantage Health Centers Detroit
May 10, 2022
Summary: Responsible for providing therapy and intervention services to patients with behavioral health diagnoses in collaboration with the psychiatrist Behavioral Health Team by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides individual and/or group therapy and social casework for patients and their families.
- Provides short term crisis intervention therapy.
- Provides long-term treatment planning.
- Group Facilitator.
- Collaborates with a multi-disciplinary Team to provide comprehensive treatment.
- Provides social work treatment in accordance with the patient's treatment plan, modifies plan to further treatment goals.
- Participates in the Patient Centered Medical Home patient centered team meetings.
- Collaborates with the BH Director to evaluate the effectiveness of the patients treatment plans.
- Utilizes community resources and referral networks to coordinate care for the patients.
- Provides health education for patients, their families, and staff as needed.
- Arranges for referral and/or placement of patients in other Community Mental Health programs, housing, or employment opportunities.
- Maintains accurate clinical and statistical records in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Provides field instruction for graduate-level social work students.
- Performs other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Participates in Agency community outreach events.
- Represents the agency in various meetings.
- Participates in mobilizing community resources, maintains cooperative working relationships with Community Mental Health Agencies, Crisis Centers, Department of Human Services, and the Probate Courts.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Applications, Microsoft Excel, internet software, Microsoft Outlook, search engines, Paycor Human Resource Systems, and EHS Success Electronic Medical Record.
- Master's degree in social work, human services, drug and alcohol, counseling, psychology.
- Two year related experience with a behavioral health population.
Certificates and Licenses:
- State of Michigan License
- Valid driver’s license
- HIPAA training certificate
- Specialized Training Preferred:
- Person-centered planning
- Behavior management and crisis management
- Recipient rights training
- Group Therapy facilitation Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated clinical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be innovative and flexible in job duties
- Knowledge of current trends in behavioral health, public health, and welfare
- Knowledge of the scope and activities of local health, welfare, and community organizations
- Ability to make sound independent clinical judgments
Human Resources Generalist
Advantage Health Centers, Corporate Office
100 River Place, Suite 400, Detroit, MI 48207
Office Phone: 313-416-6262 Ext. 1186
** We participate with NHSC and other Loan repayment programs