Posting: Crisis Counseling Program (CCP) Crisis Counselor - Team Wellness Center
May 17, 2022
Crisis Counseling Program (CCP) Crisis Counselor
Team Wellness Center is dedicated to enhancing the well-being of individuals by providing an array of comprehensive behavioral and physical health services. Our new Crisis Counseling Program (CCP) is a temporary project in need of a Crisis Counselor. Must be able to identify serious issues and demonstrate compassion and understanding for individuals dealing with stressful situations. The right candidate will be able to manage high levels of stress, while maintaining professional boundaries and establishing trust with survivors.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a car, valid driver’s license, and active auto insurance to go into the community
- Must complete crisis trainings
- Manage high levels of stress, while maintaining professional boundaries
- Establish trust with survivors and identify resources that would benefit them
- Provide psychoeducational and crisis counseling to disaster survivors face-to-face and/or via phone, text, email, chat, or group chat interactions.
- Provide counseling to the callers and explore their mental and emotional states of mind through active, comforting, positive, and problem-solving language.
- Make appropriate referrals based upon observed disaster survivor needs